What do you use to Jailbreak your Iphone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have been wanting to jailbreak my Iphone 3G but have not done it yet. I heard Redsn0w is a good way to go but im not really sure.

Im not all Tech advanced so I dont even know how to go about jailbreaking my phone. Are there really that many good apps through jailbreaking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    My stepson used black rain on his 3g, but he hasn't or can't do his 3gs. I won't let him do mine. He like his old one being jailbroke...

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Blackra1n for older 3gs and any 3g. It will work on newer but you will be tethered jailbreak.
    Also look into Spirit I haven't used it yet but it is suppose to untether jailbreak even the newer 3GS.
    Blackrain was very easy to use.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Go to settings - general - about and look at the version.

Tethereed and unthethered, if your phone is a tethered jailbreak everytime you power down your phone you need to hook it up to your computer and run blackra1n again to take it out of the itunes loop screen. You don't lose anything just have to hook it up and hit run to get it out of that mode. Just means you have to be careful when you power down and make sure you have a computer around,

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    ipodtouchfans.com can help . i used BlackRain on my iPod Touch 3rd gen. i think it goes up to 3.1.3. i'm still on 3.1.2 . for the iPhone, i think it depends on your baseband for the 3GS, but the 3G should be good to go if you have an OS below 3.1.3. if not, i think the "Spirit" jailbreak is out, the same on that came out for the iPad.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Go to settings - general - about and look at the version.

Tethereed and unthethered, if your phone is a tethered jailbreak everytime you power down your phone you need to hook it up to your computer and run blackra1n again to take it out of the itunes loop screen. You don't lose anything just have to hook it up and hit run to get it out of that mode. Just means you have to be careful when you power down and make sure you have a computer around,

Oh.....okay.

Well my version says what I said above. 3.1 (7C144)

I dont hook mine up to Itunes too often so I may not be as up to date as I should be.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    So I have to download these on my computer and then put them in itunes and then transfer them to my phone?

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Then you are good to go. Easy to do, hook up your phone to the computer, go to www.blackra1n.com with a 1 not a I. Run the program when it is done you are Jailbroken. You will see a new icon that says blackra1n open it and install cydia.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    If you don't have much experience you can use Spirit to do any of the iPhones. iPhone, 3G, or 3G(s).

Dumb****s can use it so if you screw it up you're an idiot and I'll fix it for $50. :)

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Jailbreak undoes Apple security on what apps it lets you run so you can different apps and themes.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    thanks for the above reply.

don't mean to get off topic, but can iphones access netflix? I'm reading on the site they can access youtube, but I'm more interested in netflix, pandora, etc...

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Netflix no, Pandora and youtube yes. If you have no moral problems with downloading movies you didn't pay for once they are Jailbroken there is apps you can use to download and watch movies even ones in the movies still.

Top Bottom