Hurricanes and BP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    This topic may have already been dicussed but what happens if even a minor hurricane hits us? Are we gonna be covered in oil? What effect will the oil have on the hurricane?:confused:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I think you meant what effect the hurricane would have on the oil. I think if the flow was stopped before the storm hits, you may be hard pressed to find any big pooling of oil anywhere.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Can you imagine all the oil laden Gulf waters being churned up violently by a hurricane? Then, I feel that alot of the surface oil will also be picked up by the hurricanes storm surges and carried far inland, creating a huge mess far inland. Talk about misery.

It would be a gigantic catastrophe, dooms day, armageddon.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Hmmm I'm thinking shooting an arrow, flaming or not, into hurricane force winds might not be a good idea!

I heard a discussion about a week ago on the radio with an 'expert' that having a hurricane come through might not be a bad thing. It would break up the oil skims and spread it far inland protecting the marshes. Yes, we'd have to clean oil off our houses, but the wetlands would be better for it.
    I need to look into how oil removal would be covered under your homeowners/flood policies.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hmmm I'm thinking shooting an arrow, flaming or not, into hurricane force winds might not be a good idea!

I heard a discussion about a week ago on the radio with an 'expert' that having a hurricane come through might not be a bad thing. It would break up the oil skims and spread it far inland protecting the marshes. Yes, we'd have to clean oil off our houses, but the wetlands would be better for it.
    I need to look into how oil removal would be covered under your homeowners/flood policies.

Buy a lot of Engine Brite (Gunk)

Top Bottom