LEO's What would you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    You pull over a normal appearing Joe Smith type, for simple speeding, in the course of the stop you happen to ask " Do you have any firearms in the car? "
    He responds "yes, a AK behind the rear seat(it's a 4 door truck), loaded mag clear chamber." Since you are on here I'll assume everyone knows its legal. I'm just curious what most would do?

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Anytime I get pulled over,which is rare nowadays,I hand over my license,registration,insurance and CCL. That usually prompts the next obvious question which usually re-assures their safety from my cooperation and compliance. The rest is pretty obvious and routine...at least always in my case.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Unless you are a complete ******* douche to me, my response would be along the lines of "Cool, you know Red Jacket Firearms can make you a killer custom AK..."

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Unless you are a complete ******* douche to me, my response would be along the lines of "Cool, you know Red Jacket Firearms can make you a killer custom AK..."

NICE:).
    I have only had a LEO ask me that question once out of alllllll the times I've been pulled over. His actual words were "do you have and guns, drugs or anything else illegal in your vehicle." I said no I don't have anything illegal in my car. So we left it at that. Now I am not advising anyone to lie to an LEO but I don't know if I would answer that question truthfully or at all for that matter. Depends on how the LEO was acting. If he was a acting like a jerk then I don't think I would answer the question.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

You funny my brother I'm yet to find an LEO who does publicity:mamoru:, most of the cases that I have seen or experienced involve running the serial # just to make sure she aint hot and go by your business once you get your license and whatever citation back.

I was involved in a traffic accident about 14 months ago, 18 wheeler took the front end of my nissan truck, Deputy shows up since he was the closest one to the area but out of his jurisdiction he starts the paperwork which involves statements from both parties once LSP showed up he asked me to disarm myself and then proceed to ask "any more weapons?" I answered yes, heading home from the range so I have both my AK and AR inside the truck his eyes did :eek3: :rofl: and said "MAKE SURE THEY BOTH STAY INSIDE THE VEHICLE UNLESS I TELL YOU TO TAKE THEM OUT". He was actually pretty freaking cool once I made him aware and by me not being an A hole once he asked for me to disarm myself. Funniest part was once he ran the serial number he gave me my carry gun back and took each bullet out of the magazine and said keep it like that until I leave, so I proceeded to ask "you want to do that with my backup mag too?" His eyes did :eek3: again.
    I should definetly say he is the coolest Deputy I have encounter in a long time once we got to talking about guns and so on.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    i typically remove the passenger from the vehicle anyways so no porblem, its in the car. but assuming its raining or i happen to approach the vehicle i will either ask them to get out of the vehicle and we'll do the ticket in front of the cruiser or remove the gun and place it in the bed of the truck. now i'm just a reserve though so this is not a regular issue.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Thanks for the replies, I was just curious how the average officer would react. I have the utmost respect for LEO's they put it on the line everyday. I don't feel the need for my own self prservation to rely on there response time, but that is no knock on them, I guess I'm just a do it yourselfer.

Top Bottom