Federal government approves new Gulf oil well off Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know there's some drilling on land. I've seen wells along I-10. But all the oil they talk about being in ANWR and oil sands in the north west (I think) are on federally protected lands and are being blocked by liberals in congress. We have a lot of oil here at home that we aren't allowed to touch.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Offshore drilling produces more and is better for the economy. More people are involved from top to bottom including rig operations, logistics, etc. None of us can sit here and armchair quarterback this situation- few on this board know anything about what goes on out there. Granted it is the business of the gulf coast due to the ecological disaster at hand, but its like the libtards wanting to take our guns that have never shot one. The media is painting this pretty picture that BP is the devil, oil is the devil, and the democrats are right. And people are eating that **** right up. And what sucks is less than 10% actually understand what is going on and whats being done to fix the situation.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    So what were the safety precautions that were circumvented? Got a link for all of us to look at?

BTW, the deepwater drilling ban is a knee jerk reaction due to a situation like this has NEVER happened and NO ONE knows how to fix this, plain and simple...

So Nick, when are you going to tell us YOUR story? I for one very much want to hear what happened to you that night. You're the only person I know who was on-site when the big boom happened.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Great pics Nick, I know this will be a never ending battle just remember eventhough some times we do our best to explain how something works we can't teach commun sense, some people have a hard on after the ban not understanding the outcome of depending on foreign oil. Lots of people think that we produce enough oil so we would be ok if drilling would stop not knowing the life span of those wells is very low and even those wells need to be re drilled after they sand up which is very commun.

Top Bottom