501c3???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preachandshoot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Slidell, La
    can anyone point me in a good direction on how to obtain a 501c3? I am starting my own church and need this classification in order to be considered non-profit. I am posting here because there seems to be tons of people on here that know about various laws and just know I will be able to find some help. Thanks guys.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Bro.......

B careful what you buy into to be exempt

Maybe it's worth a lot in relation to your belief to find a consultant ( lawyer, tax guy )

Used to be that if you took gvt money you were not protected by freedom of speech

I don't know the complete explination, but I worked in a couple churches that had to limit their stance in the pulpit because of different incomes of gvt bucks, FEMA was one of the main problems, FEMA would pass out certain amounts of money for people to pay utility bills and buy perscription drugs but the church was subject to Fed Gvt regs

preachandshoot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Slidell, La
    I have never had to "censor" any speech. However all churches I have been a part of have NEVER taken any government money. They have been 501c3 in order to be tax exempt. I will have to look into all the ramifications of becoming non profit.

Top Bottom