Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Whats is its history and what is it worth....

I got this knife, its Ivory and looks to be used. Could have been used during WW2 or maybe not. It was given to my uncle from some gov person high up in Nepal, my unlce was a high ranking military person. He gave it to me and I have been having it for like 5 years and I never figured out its value.

So any info and what its worth would help me out...

I know its supposed to be used for the nepal gurkhas, buts this is a bit more fancy.

Some examples of "Kukuri"

A lot has changed, but I still love my guns !

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!

User Info Menu

Unless it was Steven Segal's knife, I doubt it saw combat use - way too flashy for the field.

How are those medallions held on? It could be a decent way to tell how old it is - they didn't use superglue back then
    Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    Two hispanics jump out the truck. One of them looks at me- his eyes are wide and starts screaming 'fuego! fuego!'.
    Quote Originally Posted by tunatuk View Post
    You make as much sense as a box full of $2 sandwich batteries.
    I survived the banhammer - 2011

WANT TO BUY:
    M1919 Parts Kit
    Colt Python
    Colt "Vest Pocket" 1908 .25ACP
    Ruger Vaquero and .44 Carbine
    High Standard Victor
    Mosin Nagant (The uglier the better)

LA CHP Instructor # 522

User Info Menu

The important thing would be to try and figure out if it has any markings that would determine if its real or if its an imitation.

Just by looking at the pics it looks the handle is made out of elephant horn, the blade apears to be silver.

Does it have any markings???????????????????????

Marksman

User Info Menu

That thing is b-e-a-utiful. I fell in love with the Kukuri the very first time my grandpa let me hold one back in the mid 80's. I now have his (may he rest in peace) and a few of my own.

LA CHP Instructor # 522

User Info Menu

The bad thing about items like this is that they are easily copied and imitations are all over the place, one of my relatives was lucky enough to be working in Africa back in the late 90's and he wanted a true warrior sword, he asked his guide to find him one and they took him to this place that selled supplies. They took him in the back of the store and this guy opens up a blanket and tells him $100 and its yours he didnt thought much of it he payed the guy and left. A few days later he starts to wonder what if this damm sword is real and what kind of trouble am I looking at if I get cought with a stolen item.

Make the long story short the national museum had been broken in about 1 year before he got there and most of the warrior items had been taken, he contacted somebody who knew a lot about this items and payed the guy $20 dollars to check on the sword the guy assured him all the items had been taken to private collectors in Europe and there was NO chance the sword he had was real, when he opened the blanket the guy jumped about 3 foot high and got on his knees and started praying telling him that sword was real and that it had magic powers and also a curse the local gave him the $20 back and said he had to go.

He had to pay $50 dollars to the customs agent in Africa for him to put the damm sword in the Airplane as a "gift", doing some research a few years back he found out that this swords can go up to $50,000.00 in a private collection depending on who it bellonged to, but at the same time the African Government will put you in prison for 35 years if they catch you with one.

Thats why I said markings on it could really help to determine if its an imitation or a real thing and also the price will depend from it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

being young and dumb with no clue on how to fix a loose handle. A expert would need to go though and fix and clean it up.
    Last edited by eman2k5; June 12th, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Any clue on where to find the markings ?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well, at least I know it wasnt stolen. It was a diplomatic gift from some big wig to my uncle. My uncle then gave it to me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

LA CHP Instructor # 522

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eman2k5 View Post
    Well, at least I know it wasnt stolen. It was a diplomatic gift from some big wig to my uncle. My uncle then gave it to me.
    LOL and how you know the history before that point ??????????

Thats why I said things like this are very neat to figure out exactly where they came and trace them back but at the same time you could open a can of trouble