Spanky's Range Diary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    6/10 - Baton Rouge (Precision).

Went to do some live fire practice which I, unfortunately, much never do much of due to a number of things.

I brought my G19, G34, Edge & S&W 642.

Shot about 100-150 rounds with each of the autoloaders on the plate rack to warm up. I think it's no surprise that I did progressively better with the 34 than the 19 and the Edge than the 34.

Then I went to the other side and shot on paper. Started out with some dot transition drills and walkback. I realized on the walkback that I was drifting shots left with my weak hand. I adjusted my trigger finger and grip and got them back on.

I then shot the Dot Torture with the 19, 34 and Edge. I dropped two with the 19, one with the 34 and zero with the edge.

After that I had 45 rounds of .40 left (I had to buy a box at precision to finish dot torture with the edge). I sent an IPSC target out to the end (45 feet?) and shot it reasonably fast. Not blazing fast but pretty much as quick as I could get back on the sights. There were a couple guys to the right of me "teaching" this girl how to shoot so I stopped shooting a few times when they were talking out of courtesy. Anyway, all said and done there were 2 D, 3 C and 40 A on the target.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    6/13/10 - Poplarville

Temp - Approximately 11ty Hundred Degrees

Division - Limited

Results - 3rd Limited (12 total), two stage wins and 10th overall (36 total).

Classifier was Classifier CM09-04 - Pucker Factor (Link)

Drew to the far target and worked my way in. Down 4 pts (2 B, 2 C) @ 4.59 Sec = 7.8431 HF.

It was hot as **** and I felt like the heat was really effecting my performance but, ironically, the last two stages we shot I came out 1st Limited.

The other 3 were all simply state planning mistakes. PPPPPP and all that. On one of the stages I didn't get the kind of walkthrough I would have liked and was just too slow. On another, I picked a spot that seemed more advantageous to engage an array of targets but it put me at an odd angle on a steel plate that subsequently ate my lunch. On stage 3 I had a decent plan but two many shots on steel left me with a standing empty chamber reload.

More stuff to improve upon.

Next week is EAPS. Not sure if I'll shoot Limited or Production but probably Production so I can bring my Edge to Daniel to swap out the front sight, "fix" the ambidextrous safety and swap out the trigger bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom