Cop sent back to training after confrontation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The copper sees a guy (black hat) jaywalking and calls him over to talk to him about the violation.
    While talking to the guy, the copper sees three other people (three women) jaywalking and accosted them.
    When the cop asked for I.D. the woman in the black started to walk away. The cop grabs her arm to bring her to the front of the patrol car.

This is where the vid picks up.

The YouTube vid is more work safe than the 1st vid, but the 1st vid is hella better.:D

FULL 10 MIN unedited

[YOUTUBE]E9w9AfptGGQ[/YOUTUBE]
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012122660_coppunch16m.html
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96434644.html

BTW: I LOL'ed :o

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Animals will act like animals.

Officer was 100% justified in his use of force.

he should have used more force sooner to avoid the "punch".

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Rosenthal appeared Tuesday in King County Juvenile Court, where supporters said that she lives at the Virginia Miller House, a residential facility with behavior-modification programs for teen girls, but was in contact with her family. It's unclear why the girl is not living with her family.

King County Superior Court pro-tem Judge Ann Danieli found that Seattle police had probable cause to arrest Rosenthal for investigation of third-degree assault and obstruction. However, the judge agreed with the girl's defense attorney that she should be released.

Marilyn Jamerson, Rosenthal's aunt, spoke after the hearing in support of the girl.

"She's perfect; that's why we call her Angel," Jamerson said. "She was named Angel for a reason."

She be perfect doh!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    perfect situation for the still-uninvented taserbomb.....

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    F***ing animals!!!!! Why is everyone just watching and not assisting the officer??? All that just sat there using their phones to video and coaxing the crowd should be charged with something.... insiting a riot, treason, something:mad:
    But I'll tell you this.... the woman in the rose colored shirt seemed to disappear after a punch to the nose.:bravo:
    Now lets bump it up.... you see this happening and the officer obviously was not incharge and or needed help. What do you do??

I have already been apart of something like this and I stepped in, addressed myself, offered assistance AND notified the deputy of my gun and permit, all this in about 3 seconds as he was attempting to restrain a drunken female from driving through a gas station with him in the door.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    That was resisting arrest and assault on a polices for both women. He should have broke out the pepper spray or the taser. I am all about cival disobeidience but this crossed the line to uncival.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    He does need training, in proper and EFECTIVE use of force tactics. That tussle lasted about 2 mins longer than it had to. He exposed himself and his weapon way to much and could have gotten himself killed.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    He does need training, in proper and EFECTIVE use of force tactics. That tussle lasted about 2 mins longer than it had to. He exposed himself and his weapon way to much and could have gotten himself killed.

That's what I kept thinking every time the person with the camera had a clear shot of him from behind and to the right where you could clearly see his gun and both hands were already way busy.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    LEO's please chime in: If Joe Citizen would have showed up and tazed or pepper-sprayed both resistors, what, if anything, would he be guilty of other than diffusing the situation?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't think the punch was necessary, but oh well. I'm sure he was just doing what was readily available.
    Is it "never hit a woman" or "never hit a lady"? I just laughed when I saw this bitch get hit. :rofl:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I can see the point of helping the cop. But we are just ordinary citizens. We are not trained to handle these type of situations. You step in with sorts of good intentions and you just exposed yourself to all sorts of potential lawsuits. Additionally you might make things worse and the cop may think you are part of the problem. Then you end up doing the flop and twitch on the ground.

I don't think the punch was necessary, but oh well. I'm sure he was just doing what was readily available.
    Is it "never hit a woman" or "never hit a lady"? I just laughed when I saw this bitch get hit. :rofl:

That is good for not beating on your wife/gf but this person was assulting the cop GAME ON! IMO..

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The fact that this crowd automatically took her side should come as a surprise

....to no one.

I'm going to do something that in most cases I should not: I will assume this female has been in trouble numerous times before. This is a textbook example of what is wrong with many in our society- no respect for anything or anyone.

I personally would probably be in hot water for knocking their skulls together when they were both struggling with him at the same time.....

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I hope the training involved how to properly put down an individual. With all of that struggling etc. He just fueled the fire of the crowd who supported the woman. If he would have just tased her and put her in the car the crowd would have had one big OHHHH and been done with it. I am just glad the guy was video taping it because everyone was condemning him for his actions but he was definitely justified.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Looked like the only 1/2 intelligent person out there was the bystander in the blue shirt pulling the girl off of the officer. I would say the LEO was well below his allowed use of force in that situation.

Top Bottom