got a job offshore! finally!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Well some of you may remember I made a thread a few months ago on if anyone knew of any companies hiring, well I finally got on with Cetco Oilfield Services. I am in well testing, offshore. I went to training last week, water survival monday, and safety for the remainder of the week. Then after friday I will be on 24 hr call to go. He said since im a new hire, young, and no experience at all, it might take a few days or a couple weeks to get called, but after the first round it will be constant. Im getting paid around $8.50/hour, but get paid 21 a day. Just wanted to share because man im happy lol. Anyone can fill me in on "well testing"? thanks, neil

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Are you well testing or filtration, or both LOL?

I have worked with a couple of the cetco guys in the past, its an interesting job overall eventhough it can be very boring at the same time, 12 Hrs of flowing and just taking readings and looking at tank pressures, etc etc etc but other than that its pretty laid back.

Save some stickers if you ever get ahold of some, the little ugly monster for cetco is one of the favorite stickers in the Oilfield, and you can get crane crews to cut back flips for you if you have a few to share.

Congrats.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Never worked in the oilfield, but you got your self a job and thats what counts, and a pay check!!! good luck dude hope you enjoy it!!!!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    well testing, filtration is a different division lol. I heard it was mostly laid back, depending on the supervisor. I will have to remember about the stickers lol. Seems like a good long time employer

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Yeah plus you get a company vehicle to take home once you stop heaving a "worm" title LOL.

FREEEEEEE GASSSSSSSSSSS!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    lol hopefully within a couple years, I willl definately go to the shop when im not offshore to learn more and advance, and work hard. Everyone keeps saying big money, me and my fiance just got us a rent house in Broussard today to be closer to the shop, hopefully things dont **** out and leave me broke lol. The only well testing workers that arent offshore now is me and another guy taking safety, So I guess that means that there is work

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Yeah you guys are not far away from my shop, you right in front of McDonalds almost, I'm by Superior Energy.

Best thing of living close to the shop is you get to go home for lunch save a lot that way, specially while you are a trainee.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    well actually for training, last week, the instructor had breakfast for us, and brought us eat lunch everyday on cetcos tab. And the same this week with the safety guy. So that helped lol. And it's cool how I don't have to go to the shop if I don't want to when im in, or I can just go half a day if I feel like it

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Just dont get used to that, specially as a trainee supervisors like to see guys with a WANT to go out on a job, once you get a name then slow your roll otherwise you will just be al the bottom of the rotation board all the time, specially being an Hourly Employee you still have to make hrs to make a pay check.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Good to hear,worked with the filtration crew on our jackup boats.seems like a good company.
    Good luck,the hardest thing is being away from home,once you get over that it's all gravy.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Congrats on the job. Experience gives you value. I once started out a job for $7.00 an hour with the title "baiter". After a year experience I got a raise to $14.00 an hour and the title of "master baiter". :chuckles:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Congrats! A word of advice, when you go offshore, DO NOT be one of those guys who everytime you turn around, are on the phone or vanished somewhere. Be active, ask questions, learn about production process. Let them know you are in it for the long run. We ran off two service hands this hitch for abusing the phones and just being an uncooperative pain in the ass.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Congrats on the job. Experience gives you value. I once started out a job for $7.00 an hour with the title "baiter". After a year experience I got a raise to $14.00 an hour and the title of "master baiter". :chuckles:

And you've been perfecting your craft ever since huh? :D

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Congrads on the new JOB Neil09. Hang tough guy ,show interest in the job , you'll do good . Long time retired myself.

CEHollier said
    I'm having trouble reading the screen. My eyesight has gone to crap since my new title. Didn't your father teach you better ?

Top Bottom