Anyone in here work as an insurance adjuster ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry, I'm an agent, not an adjuster. There is a wide variety of types of adjusters. There are adjusters that sit in an office and answer phones all day that are on company salry. They tend to have good long term jobs. Then there are independent catastrophe adjusters. They work like dogs a few months a year, travel, live in a travel trailer and do very well financially, but no benefits.
    What do you want to do? Where do you want to work?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Sorry, I'm an agent, not an adjuster. There is a wide variety of types of adjusters. There are adjusters that sit in an office and answer phones all day that are on company salry. They tend to have good long term jobs. Then there are independent catastrophe adjusters. They work like dogs a few months a year, travel, live in a travel trailer and do very well financially, but no benefits.

I like the idea of some flexibility. Being 1099 doesn't worry me. Not really an office guy.
    My business is changing and I need some change too

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie

could you elaborate?

I got a friend that just got laid off.

Last edited:

BNC3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have been an insurance adjuster for 28 years. If you have any construction experience, CAT claims can be a way to make some decent money in a short period. However, as LACamper stated, they do work like dogs for a few months and then they are off for a few months. The work is always feast or famine since you only have work after some type of natural disaster. Send me a PM if you want some more info.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I have been in the claim business for over 12 years, mostly casualty, general liability, but have had some property experience. The last 5 years has been internal as a corporate risk manager, handling all property, w/comp, general liability, renewals, etc, Send me a PM, may be able to help, first 4 years I was a 1099 employee

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I have been an insurance adjuster for 28 years. If you have any construction experience, CAT claims can be a way to make some decent money in a short period. However, as LACamper stated, they do work like dogs for a few months and then they are off for a few months. The work is always feast or famine since you only have work after some type of natural disaster. Send me a PM if you want some more info.

I have been in the claim business for over 12 years, mostly casualty, general liability, but have had some property experience. The last 5 years has been internal as a corporate risk manager, handling all property, w/comp, general liability, renewals, etc, Send me a PM, may be able to help, first 4 years I was a 1099 employee

Thanks, I'll send you both a PM this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom