Hello from Hammond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Hey!! Im 23 years old looking into getting some guns and starting a collection. I have heard good things about this site from a Car forum I am on and figured I would join and check everything out and do some research before I start buying.

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When you finally get a gun and want to go shoot it, come out to the sheriffs office range in Amite. We have it open to the public from 10-2 on Saturdays except for the first Saturday of each month when we hold an IDPA match.

You are also welcome to come watch the IDPA (first Saturday of the month) or IPSC matches we hold on the 4th (and 5th if the is a 5th) Sunday of each month. No gun needed to watch, just bring ear and eye protection.

Our clubs affiliation is through www.lagator.org and our club name is TPS or TPSA (Tangi Practical Shooters Assoc.) depending on how the site has it listed now. The range is at the end of Storey Lane in Amite. Easy to get to. About 5-10 minutes from Independence or Amite depending on which way you take to get there.

We run a cold range, so make sure you bring your new firearm unloaded and cased, then ask for the range officer working that day and he will give you instructions on how we operate and when/where you can uncase the firearms and shoot. Safety is #1, and we will do everything we can to make sure you learn the safety rules.

Hope to see you around the range!

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Also, if you are looking to buy a firearm and haven't decided yet, come watch one of our matches and see whose guns puke first in the sand we have out along our berms...you'll quickly see why those big shiny guns are like a Mercedes S-class where they are awesome when they run, but nothing more than scrap metal when they choke and need a top notch gunsmith to get them back in action...and then there are the rest of us running the Honda Civics of the gun world, not pretty but they always start, always run, and always get to the finish line...

Can you tell I am a fan of Glocks??:rockon:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Welcom

Welcome Neighbor
    Barney.jpg

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I am a fan of Glocks too. I actually live in Amite... i just say Hammond because people usually have no clue whereAmite is... I deff will come out and shoot sometime at the range... its only about 15mins away from my house... I am looking at a Glock 22 .40 cal right now

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am a fan of Glocks too. I actually live in Amite... i just say Hammond because people usually have no clue whereAmite is... I deff will come out and shoot sometime at the range... its only about 15mins away from my house... I am looking at a Glock 22 .40 cal right now

I here ya...you say Amite and people go..huh????

G22 is a decent gun. Will always run. If you plan on carrying though, you might want to consider the G23. Its a little easier to conceal. I have a G17 i shoot in production class in our matches, and a 19 I carry which are both 9mm. Started out with a Ruger 9mm and just stayed with the caliber. Its not how big a bullet you shoot, its whether you hit what you aim at!

But best of all, the Glock can be repaired and fixed by you no matter which caliber you get. A lot of other guns have pieces you can't change yourself, you will need a gunsmith for those (my old Ruger P89 you can't get to the safety and firing pin with conventional tools). Or they are so finicky and tolerances so tight that you have to send it to a gunsmith just to get the parts to fit (open 1911 race guns).

Come out to the range this Saturday. I will be one of the RO's. We'll have a few Glocks on hand if you want to see some different sizes/calibers.

Top Bottom