Coyotes in Prairieville?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Anyplace over there 500' away from a house? :x:

My house is !! Do you know how to get them to come to you? I was thinking about tying up a live rabbit in this field behind my house and find someone with an electronic call to come hunt. I know the yotes go in this field and I think it would be a perfect spot b\c there is a street light that illuminates the field good enough that you wouldn't even need a light.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    My house is !! Do you know how to get them to come to you? I was thinking about tying up a live rabbit in this field behind my house and find someone with an electronic call to come hunt. I know the yotes go in this field and I think it would be a perfect spot b\c there is a street light that illuminates the field good enough that you wouldn't even need a light.

So there's a pasture or field where you could be 500' or more from the closest house? I seem to recall that being the requirement to discharge a firearm in Ascension Parish, but I could be wrong. I was once before...

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I don't think they enforce the 500ft rule around here very much judging by the fact that someone less than 1/4 mile from me has an outdoor range that they use quite regularly on weekends. Several people around here have called the cops before after hearing the shots but evidently they are grandfathered in (or know somebody) because it hasn't stopped them yet. A buddy of mine has an SRT integrally suppressed Ruger 77/44 that would perfect for a yote mission such as this too. Hmmmm....:D

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I don't think they enforce the 500ft rule around here very much judging by the fact that someone less than 1/4 mile from me has an outdoor range that they use quite regularly on weekends. Several people around here have called the cops before after hearing the shots but evidently they are grandfathered in (or know somebody) because it hasn't stopped them yet. A buddy of mine has an SRT integrally suppressed Ruger 77/44 that would perfect for a yote mission such as this too. Hmmmm....:D

OPSSSS do you live close to me SIGARMED? :bowrofl:

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Coyotes

I killed three this past winter in my yard during daylight hours and i have a Gonzales address.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You should hear them during winter in Concordia Parish at sunset....sounds like Transylvania...:chuckles:

Bear191

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Prairieville, LA
    I live in Seven Oaks Subdivision in Prairieville. Last Saturday our cat didn't show up for breakfast. He enters and leaves the garage through a pet door. We searched everywhere for him. My husband played back our security footage and saw that he was ambushed and carried off by a coyote right in our front yard. Our cat was 14 years old and fixed. He never strayed from home, always content to hang out around the house and do a little hunting. We've trapped possums, raccoons, and at least one ferral cat in the 19 years we've lived in Prairieville. We only break out the trap if an animal becomes a nuisance. This was our first glympse of a coyote in our subdivision. People with small pets, beware. It was over in an instant.

Last edited:

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I live in. Manchac Acres off of hwy 42. Here are some pics from the trail cam in my back yard. First a yote then a fox.
    e786137f5455759ea35d527f7aa6d8ff.jpg
    e35887ded39dd8f8723ec61710d8e8a6.jpg

.45-70

1911-2011 aw yeah!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They're everywhere. While living on campus at LSU I saw both foxes and a coyote. The fox was in the middle of campus too!

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Had one or two come around my home in Laplace but both committed suicide with an old single shot Sears .22lr left on back porch. It was the damndest thing, right through the head. Have not seen any in a while since I dropped the bodies near the back of my property in a brush pile.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom