Interstate Guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3 dzelenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    3,978

    LSA is YOUR State Pro-gun Organization

    LSA had a good legislative session:

    The last of the Louisiana Shooting Association sponsored bills was signed into law yesterday. We had a great session this year. Every bill supported by the LSA became law and every bill we opposed either died in committee or was amended in a way that made it acceptable. The two big wins were the exemption of concealed handgun permit holders from the law prohibiting carrying within 1000' of schools and repealing the prohibition of lawfully possessed firearms in state parks, wildlife management areas, wildlife preserves and historic places. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this grass roots effort.

    Since March 17 of 2009, 827 new members joined the LSA. These are brand new, never before members. If you included those people who had been members at some time in the past, the number would be noticeably higher.

    LSA has promoted the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership by representing Louisiana gun owners in the legislature; participating in amicus curiae briefing to the Supreme Court in the Heller and McDonald cases; and by sponsoring junior and adult shooting opportunities and competitions.
    We would like to increase our membership by another 1000 members in the next 12 months. Please help this effort by joining yourself and/or telling your friends about LSA and encouraging them to join. As a bonus, when you join or renew your membership, you get a chance to win a really nice Ruger 10/22 Carbine Deluxe Sporter rifle. And, for each new member that you get to join the LSA, you will get an additional chance at winning this rifle! The drawing will be held at the annual meeting in January 2011.

    To join the LSA, go to www.louisianashooting.com , create a secure account and then visit our on-line store.

    Dan
    Last edited by dzelenka; July 7th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
    JOIN THE LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

    www.louisianashooting.com

  2. #2
    Besmirched! Tulse Luper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    4,409
    I have at least four people in mind that will be hearing about the huge accomplishments of the LSA. I have no doubt they will be joining.

  3. #3
    No sir, I ain't. Gus McCrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Red Stick (AKA Baton Rouge), Louisiana!
    Posts
    8,036
    Oooo. I need to get members to join.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

  4. #4
    Marksman
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,428
    I'm #2953

    Will Recruit more.
    ANTI-STATE ANTI-WAR PRO-MARKET PRO-LIBERTY

  5. #5
    enthusiast in training tmlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    river ridge
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by dzelenka View Post
    LSA had a good legislative session:

    The last of the Louisiana Shooting Association sponsored bills was signed into law yesterday. We had a great session this year. Every bill supported by the LSA became law and every bill we opposed either died in committee or was amended in a way that made it acceptable. The two big wins were the exemption of concealed handgun permit holders from the law prohibiting carrying within 1000' of schools and repealing the prohibition of lawfully possessed firearms in state parks, wildlife management areas, wildlife preserves and historic places. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this grass roots effort.

    Since March 17 of 2009, 827 new members joined the LSA. These are brand new, never before members. If you included those people who had been members at some time in the past, the number would be noticeably higher.

    LSA has promoted the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership by representing Louisiana gun owners in the legislature; participating in amicus curiae briefing to the Supreme Court in the Heller and McDonald cases; and by sponsoring junior and adult shooting opportunities and competitions.
    We would like to increase our membership by another 1000 members in the next 12 months. Please help this effort by joining yourself and/or telling your friends about LSA and encouraging them to join. As a bonus, when you join or renew your membership, you get a chance to win a really nice Ruger 10/22 Carbine Deluxe Sporter rifle. And, for each new member that you get to join the LSA, you will get an additional chance at winning this rifle! The drawing will be held at the annual meeting in January 2011.

    To join the LSA, go to www.louisianashooting.com , create a secure account and then visit our on-line store.

    Dan
    I didn't hear about this win, but I sure am glad to read it now!
    I have guns.


  6. #6
    D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3 dzelenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    3,978
    For some reason (probably the guns in church bill) the 1000' school zone bill received virtually no coverage by the main stream media. This is pretty interesting because it was opposed by the Board of Regents of LSU and it has a far greater impact on expanding concealed carry opportunities than all of the other pro gun bills combined. Go to Google Earth and start drawing 1000' zones around schools and you will see that most inhabited areas fall within one of these zones, including 70% of the French Quarter.
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
    JOIN THE LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

    www.louisianashooting.com

  7. #7
    Professional Amateur

    Premium Member
    oleheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pride aka Central, LA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,567
    The WMA issue (along with the others, of course) is huge. Wade was right!

    I'm interested in seeing what restrictions the dept. puts in writing.....
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

    “Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

  8. #8
    D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3 dzelenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    3,978
    Quote Originally Posted by oleheat View Post
    The WMA issue (along with the others, of course) is huge. Wade was right!

    I'm interested in seeing what restrictions the dept. puts in writing.....
    The word was that the DWF was going to change its regs to allow concealed carry in WMAs even without the bill.
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
    JOIN THE LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

    www.louisianashooting.com

  9. #9
    Professional Amateur

    Premium Member
    oleheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pride aka Central, LA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    13,567
    Quote Originally Posted by dzelenka View Post
    The word was that the DWF was going to change its regs to allow concealed carry in WMAs even without the bill.

    Yessir. As it should be, IMHO.

    Now all that needs to happen is for everyone to do their part and prove that all the fear and paranoia surrounding "people carrying guns" in these places is vastly unfounded. Not everyone is a fan of what just happened, and I think we need to remember that- and prove them to be wrong.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

    “Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

  10. #10
    No sir, I ain't. Gus McCrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Red Stick (AKA Baton Rouge), Louisiana!
    Posts
    8,036
    Quote Originally Posted by dzelenka View Post
    For some reason (probably the guns in church bill) the 1000' school zone bill received virtually no coverage by the main stream media. This is pretty interesting because it was opposed by the Board of Regents of LSU and it has a far greater impact on expanding concealed carry opportunities than all of the other pro gun bills combined. Go to Google Earth and start drawing 1000' zones around schools and you will see that most inhabited areas fall within one of these zones, including 70% of the French Quarter.
    Laziness?
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •