Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dan, I hadn't raised this issue when 556 was in process but it appears to me that the exemption from the 1000' School Zone only applies to LA Resident CHP holders, not reciprocal CHP visitors from other states. Clarification???

RS 40:1379.3 M. No concealed handgun permit shall be valid or entitle any permittee to carry a concealed weapon in any facility, building, location, zone, or area in which firearms are banned by state or federal law.

18 USC Sec. 922 subsection (q) (2)
    (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
    (B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearmó
    (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
    (ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

I would argue that reciprocity is the same as being licensed by the state. However, it is of no moment with respect to 556. If you want to change that language, you need to deal with DC. These people who write laws do so for sound bytes. They have no clue how they really apply nor do they for the most part care.
    Last edited by dzelenka; July 7th, 2010 at 06:30 PM.
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
    JOIN THE LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

www.louisianashooting.com

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    I'm not Dan but I would think that when a person with a CHP say from Mississippi comes to LA. he goes by our laws.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by dzelenka View Post
    Please help this effort by joining yourself and/or telling your friends about LSA and encouraging them to join.
    Just renewed my membership Dan. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this great organization!