Got a few AR mods... *EDIT* I think its done...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    EDIT 5-17-07

Well, I think the AR is pretty much done, heres a few new pics

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

finished list

RRA Entry Tactical, lightweight barrel
    ARMS 40-L
    Eotch 512.a65
    MI 2pc quad rail
    UTG front grip
    Magpul XT and Ladder covers
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    ASP single point sling and mount
    Viking Tactics offset light mount
    Blackhawk Falcata 9v light
    D&H Black Teflon mag

I dont really want to look at how much all of this ran, its been spread out since January and now I have my ultimate patrol rifle, just in time for 3 straight days of patrol rifle school next week. I cant wait!

BTW: That light... is bright as hell. Everything is either from RainierArms or Brightflashlights. It also checks in right at 10 lbs fully loaded, good thing I didnt get the heavy barrel

Got most of the major stuff out of the way

RRA18.jpg

MI #17 2pc quad rail
    Eotech 512.a65
    unk manuf. rail covers
    UTG vfg its a knockoff but only paid $15 for it so its good enough

I have a commercial Magpul CTR stock inbound next week, a light will be coming before it starts patrol rifle duty, probably a Blackhawk Nite-Ops Falcata 9v in a Viking Tactics offset mount.

Big +1 to Calvin at Brightflashlights.com, ordered the Eotech Wednesday and it was at my door today (Saturday), rail system was off of the arfcom EE.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I looked at the 511's but they look kinda off for some reason. The 553's look great but they put too many bells and whistles in them. If they made a normal mounting, non night vision model that used the cr123 batteries I'd be on it in a heartbeat. The 512 doesnt look too bad, plus being able to buy batteries for it anywhere anytime is a plus. If for some reason I need eotech batteries at 4 a.m. I can pull into any local Stop 'n Rob and get some.

dont guess I'm doing horrible for my first AR

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    Well, I can buy a set of N Batteries at Wal-Mart or Target for $3. I have 2 extra sets in my rifle bag. 200 hours is still a lot, if U ad them up. I'll bet I don't even use 50 a year on the one I have mounted now on my rifle. I plan to swop them out 1x a year, and that is still more than sufficient.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    How much was the handguard? I've been thinking about ordering a YHM 4 rail from BFL.

I've been thinking about picking up one of those knockoff aimpoints on arfcom :o

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    rainier has the carbine length YHM's for 100 shipped, but didnt you get a middie? I think the MI's were 130ish, but they were from the EE very lightly used and the front grip was included. I've very impressed with them! I think my next rifle will wear MI 2pc free floaters though. I didnt want to try to cut off the delta ring on my brand new factory rifle.

Top Bottom