handgun pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    gvdKERN.jpg

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    ↑ Noob and his many toys. Wearing a Trijicon MRO, I have one of those. Very nice for it's weight and clarity. Small dot tho for CQ tactical work, imo.

Well I'm off to the range to try out my new Eotech 512.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    ↑ Noob and his many toys. Wearing a Trijicon MRO, I have one of those. Very nice for it's weight and clarity. Small dot tho for CQ tactical work, imo.

Well I'm off to the range to try out my new Eotech 512.

What tactical work? Unfortunately the paper doesn’t move at the range I go to lol.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What tactical work? Unfortunately the paper doesn’t move at the range I go to lol.

It does @ my range, fluttering in the wind @ times. But the end game is not slaying paper anyways, it's being well prepared for what could happen, what will happen one day.

Please don't take my earlier comment with a negative connotation, I surely enjoy (like many here no doubt) seeing your awesome toys, especially your exotic glock toys. You have some of the finest imo.

Check this out, I just got back from Bedico range. There was a guy who had just arrived in the last 10/15 minutes I was there. He could have been a protestor in the New Orleans BLM movement a couple months ago. Anyways he was sighting in an AR-15 on the pistol range @ a target @ a distance of seven yards. He had a red dot or a small scope mounted atop his AR. Seven f**kin yards! Never seen that before in 30+ years shooting @ public ranges. I noticed as I walked to my vehicle to load up and leave.

The first lane he walked up to, the pistol range, and put up his new paper target @ 7 yards. His AR15 with an optic of some sort. No wonder skinnies can't hit $hit.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You mean like the 2 MOA dot on Aimpoint equipped CQB rifle setups and 1 & 3.25 MOA dots on RMR equipped pistols?

The dot that’s roughly the width of the front sight post :D

50245869688_7d62e8e484_o_d.jpg

And you are right. I guess I am just enamored right now with the new to me Eotech 65 moa circle and dot reticle. It's a huge help for less than ideal vision, very quick to pick up on target. All those Aimpoints in mil service with a simple 2 moa dot. Comes down to training and practice, and being proficient with your equipment/kit.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It does @ my range, fluttering in the wind @ times. But the end game is not slaying paper anyways, it's being well prepared for what could happen, what will happen one day.

Please don't take my earlier comment with a negative connotation, I surely enjoy (like many here no doubt) seeing your awesome toys, especially your exotic glock toys. You have some of the finest imo.

DrAMJKT.jpg

I have a 2 MOA aimpoint H2 on my "glock". It's pretty easy to pick up, and if it isn't I just crank up the brightness. But usually at the indoor ranges, I keep it dim for less "glare".

gAV16ml.jpg

Run a 6.5 moa RMR07 on my mac.... Couldn't do precision work anyway

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Been piecing this one together with some Black Friday deals.
    563637fc3ef96feff5ef1b148b4cf1b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom