Laser engraved AR ejection port covers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I ordered a few engraved AR ejection port covers and I wanted to share them. I got three and they are all double sided. The image on the left is the cover in the closed position and the right side image is with the port open.

Top: This is going on an older A1 with the triangular hand guards. It belongs to a Vietnam veteran who served in the Air Force. The closed port shows the USAF roundel and the Vietnam vet ribbon. The open port shows the POW-MIA logo and the American flag.

Middle: Going on an M4gery it has the Gadsden and the American flag on the outside. The inside has "Molon Labe" and a Spartan helmet.

Bottom: This is for a 450 Bushmaster. The closed port says "Zombie Killer" with the biohazard symbol as the "O" in Zombie. The open port says "Smile Wait for Flash" and has a "sniped" smiley face.

These turned out really well and I'm very pleased with the work. They were only $20 shipped which includes the cover itself. Single sided were $15 but I wanted double sided ones. I provided the graphics for the USAF roundel and the Vietnam vet ribbon. The others were already on file with the engraver. You can get pretty much anything you want if you can provide the proper graphic.

k8emq1c5vg4rshlib6ek.jpg

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ordering information for AR 15 Ejection Port Cover

I did a search online and found a post on MDShooters. This led me to the website Harford Engraving Service. The site isn't set up for online payments so here is the ordering process.

1. Contact the seller and let him know what you want to order including any custom graphics. Include your name, address and contact information for the invoice.

2. You will be sent an invoice for the total. Print that out and mail in payment. I sent a money order rather than an out of state check.

Turn around time was about a week which is very good considering mailing both ways.

PhotoBucket albums of some of the engravers other work.

http://s203.photobucket.com/home/HarEngSer/allalbums

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    How to remove and replace an AR 15 Ejection Port Cover

1. Push the pin that runs through the cover/spring towards the barrel. This will reveal a small clip on the barrel side of the pin. The proper way to take the pin out is to remove the barrel. The way around that described below.

2. Twist the pin until the closed end of the clip is facing towards you. You want the open end facing away from you. Using a small pair of pliers grab the clip and gently pull it away from the pin. This is a VERY SMALL clip and is concrete soluble. Work in an area where you can find anything that flies away. And don't jerk on the clip, just gently pull it out.

3. Now pull the pin out from the other side. It will be a somewhat tight fit so use care that you don't scratch the receiver. It will go underneath the forward assist. The spring in the cover will unwind the single turn as the pin is pulled from it. Note the orientation. The long leg goes on the barrel side of the pin.

4. Pull the pin all of the way out and replace the cover with the new one. Push the pin back into the cover until it protrudes about 1/4" into the spring area. Put the spring back in and give it a single turn. As you look from the back of the firearm you will twist the spring counter-clockwise. This is so the spring wants to push the cover open.

5. As you hold down the spring (now under slight tension) push the pin the rest of the way through the spring, cover and finally through the bushing. Push up but don't close the cover making sure you tensioned the spring properly.

6. Now using the pliers push the C clip back onto the pin. Again, push gently and don't force anything. It goes on fairly easily and you don't want to slip and damage your receiver, sending the clip into oblivion.

Last edited:

gunner_lee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Pollock, La
    your local trophy shop or jeweler can hand engrave lettering but can't to the artwork (at least around here in Cenla). "too small to fit on our template" or
    "too big to fit on our template" or "I can do the lettering but can't freehand the face or the arrow." I sent my wife's off to Hartford Engraving and they did the "Smile, wait for flash" bullet through the head on the outside and when it flips up it says "ENEMY" and has an arrow pointing toward the muzzle. Their turn around time was one week. Nice work, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom