Jeffs Diary (Back to shooting)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TankerHC

TankerHC
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Mississippi
    Served 23 years in the Army as a Tanker. Carried the 1911 and the 92. Shot very well with both. Also owned the 92SBF, a model 29, a model 687 and about 15 other decent handguns. Retired in 01, sold all my guns and stopped shooting. Decided I missed it so last week I went and bought me three new guns, a P90 Ruger 45 Auto, A 9mm S&W Sigma and a cheapo High Point 380. Took them home and familiarized myself with them. It felt good to get a gun back in my hand. So yesterday I took them to the range. Luckily I have an indoor range one block from myself (Gunshop and Range). I decided to start off at 25 yards and thats the only range I shot at. I used 3/4 size silhoutes.

First I shot the .380, I have heard and read a lot about High Point guns, a little good and most bad. But I bought one anyway. I started out 5 rounds at a time. I was able to put 15 rounds in the 5-15 point areas and one round in the orange center. Total I fired 100 rounds through it and every round was in the kill area (5-25 point area). Of the 100 rounds I had one round that didnt eject due to a crimped casing. A simple recharge kicked out the casing. I would probably use this gun as home defence if it was all I could afford. But It definitly wouldnt be my first choice. But not too bad for a 129 dollar gun.

Next I shot the S&W 9MM Sigma. 5 rounds times 3. No adjustments and all 15 rounds either in the orange center or in the 5-10 point zone. Felt pretty decent, had a pretty nice feel. I had read a review that said they had measured the trigger pull and it was 10 pounds. I didnt feel it, it was pretty light. It does have a long trigger pull but that wasnt much of a factor. I fired a total of 150 rounds and almost all were in the 5-10 point range or in the orange circle. There were a few outside rounds but were still in the kill range. All in all not a bad gun for 319 dollars.

Lastly I shot the P90. First off to me it was an extremely comfortable gun and felt really good in my hand. Like the old 1911's I carried and shot when I was in the army but better balanced and tighter. Again no adjustments. I went directly with full magazines and fired a total of 200 rounds. On that target in the first 50 rounds I was able to almost completely take out the orange center and keep every round within the 5-10 point range. It was a joy to shoot.

Once again it really felt good to get back to shooting. I will be at the range again in the morning (Monday). Fortunatly Im fully retired at age 47 and dont have a lot to do except clean house for the wife, play golf, fish and SHOOT!
    I plan on buying a new gun sometime this week. Im buying a Tauras .500 Magnum from that Gun shop. Will have to find someplace to shoot it though, they only allow up to 45 Cal. on thier indoor ranges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom