M3A1 Grease Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TankerHC

TankerHC
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Mississippi
    When I was on M-60's from 80-90 we carried two M3A1's on each tank. In 1985 on my Tank, (I was the TC), I accidently kicked the loaders M3 and it fell in between the drivers hatch and the turret. I traversed on it and bent it in half. I had to pay for it. Cost: $83.00. So yesterday I started thinking how I might like to have one. They are cheap, fun to shoot and cheap to shoot as well. Well imagine my surprise when I start looking on the web and the cheapest one I can find is $14,000!!! In 85, they were worth $83 and in 2010 they are worth $14000.00? Heck, I was at the Jackson Gun Show last month and an M-60 was only going for $23000.00 and a M2 .50 Cal was only going for 35. What makes an M3 so special. Why are MG civilian prices so out of line with military prices?

If this post is Off topic, my apoligies.

Jeff

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Even in 1998 I paid $500 for my M11/9. Sold it for $3000 in 2005. Hasn't gone up a ton since then but just shows what effect the internet had on the prices. More people learned how to do it in my opinion.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    statement of charges you paid for the grease gun was not the gov price to buy it. You paid a depreciated price based on the original price and the age of the weapon.

Top Bottom