$600 Arsenal Ak47 *SPF*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Final price drop. Sadly this Rifle has to go. I'm willing to let it go for $600, which is well below market value.

I bought this sweet rifle three months ago and put 120 rounds through it. It comes with one 30 round Bulgarian Waffle Magazine, six 30 round Bulgarian steel magazines, 60 rounds of ammo, a usgi sling, the original paperwork including awesome Russian certificates and awesome Russian test target. Did I say Russian? Yes, it's completely freaking Russian, built in Russia at the same factory that builds your favorite Russian weapons featured worldwide in all of the most interesting massacres, coups, revolutions and general violent outbreaks of the late 20th century. Own your part of the history of bloody human conflict. Pretend to be your favorite communist conscript, deranged rebel leader or kick a$$ dictator... or just shoot lots of stuff TODAY!

Additional info: Mikhail Kalashnikov may very well have touched this rifle. I have no supporting evidence behind this claim, but despite his communist convictions, the guy practically owns the place.

I'd like to sell it for $600 or best offer face to face in Metairie.

attachment.php

From Arsenal's website:
    "SGL20 (Saiga) - Russian made stamped receiver, 7.62x39 caliber, hammer forged chrome lined barrel, front sight block with bayonet lug and 24x1.5 right-hand threads, thread protector, standard mil-spec. handguards with stainless steel heat shield, 1000 meter rear sight leaf, scope rail."

http://www.arsenalinc.com/sgl20.htm

Last edited:

mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    Do you by any chance sell cars for a living? Nah seriously beautiful gun, would love it, but...... Good Luck with your sale.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'm aspire to one day become an elicit small arms dealer throughout the third world. Thank you.

Might want to get your facts right then.

Additional info: Mikhail Kalashnikov may very well have touched this rifle. I have no supporting evidence behind this claim, but despite his communist convictions, the guy practically owns the place.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Nice rifle, got one just like it.

They are not converted, they come from the factory in the proper configuration and arsenal just puts on the compliance parts. No holes from the "Sporting" trigger set up.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    My most sincere apologies. Exaggeration is the best sales tactic with third world warlords. I'm trying to practice. You must admit though, that contact with the great creator it is not an impossibility.

You are dealing with US, not the 3rd world.
    Accuracy is MUCH more important here than false grandose claims.

And contact is HIGHLY doubtful considering he ANYTHING BUT 'owns everything' 'over there'

But you do what you want.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Please clarify.
    There is Arsenal in Bulgaria. They make good stuff, but not importable. The "Circle 10" is the mark or Arsenal in Bulgaria, right?

Then there is this Arsenal in Las Vegas.
    What markings are on this Russian AK? Who made it? Who made it compliant? Where was the barrel made? When was it imported?

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Nice rifle, got one just like it.

They are not converted, they come from the factory in the proper configuration and arsenal just puts on the compliance parts. No holes from the "Sporting" trigger set up.

From what factory? In what country?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    These rifles are produced at the Izhmash factory.

From the combined effort of Legion Ltd, the custom shop of the legendary Izhmash Factory in Russia, and Arsenal, Inc. of Las Vegas, Nevada comes a new SGL21 (Saiga) rifle in 7.62x39 caliber. Initially manufactured by Legion Ltd in Russia and remanufactured by Arsenal, Inc. in the United States, the new SGL21 rifle has everything that collectors and shooter have been looking for. Hand-select premium components, custom-shop-like attention to details by Legion Ltd, and Arsenal, Inc.'s highest standards of workmanship, give this rifle its superior quality.

Arsenal, Inc. remanufactures the SGL21 rifles in the United States with 922r compliant parts and fills them with features not seen on any other factory Saiga rifles. Performing the most difficult modifications to achieve, Arsenal, Inc. has done a substantial work for the customer. The end result is the highest quality SGL21 rifle with the most desired features which have not been available before. Every unit is laser sighted and test fired. Targets are included with most of the rifles.

To make this rifle the perfect Russian AK available in the market, Arsenal, Inc. has taken all the necessary steps to ensure all the components and features are true to its original configuration.

The receiver of SGL21 rifle has the proper markings on both sides without any extra commercial markings, including the legendary Izhmash Factory logo, the upward pointing arrow in triangle. The markings on both sides of the receiver are done with the correct font type and size and placed in their proper locations. The receiver of SGL21 features proper magazine dimples on both sides and original "X" and "Y" shaped reinforcement stampings.

On the right side, it has correctly positioned notches for the safety lever, marked with letters "S" and "F" and no additional openings at the bottom forward portion of the receiver.

The components and features on the new SGL21 rifle resemble true Russian AK rifle, including the safety lever with correct shape and properly positioned dimple, the correct trigger guard with magazine catch and the correct bullet guide enabling SGL21 to accept any standard AK magazine, the 1000 meter rear sight leaf, the highest quality Arsenal, Inc. double stage fire control group (hammer, trigger and disconnector), original Arsenal, Inc. mil-spec polymer furniture, including the handguards, pistol grip, and the original Warsaw pact length buttstock, the retainer for lower handguard, the correct gas tube, original gas block with the correct vent holes, a guide hole for the cleaning
    rod and accessory lug, correct AK-74 type front sight block with 24x1.5mm right-hand threads and bayonet lug.

Regardless, they are DAMN nice AKs and I love mine. :D

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I'm confused. If that isn't a converted Saiga (Izhmash) then I want one, maybe this one.

^
    He answered my question while I was typing it.

Arsenal, Inc. remanufactures the SGL21 rifles in the United States with 922r compliant parts
    So, that is a converted Saiga? Good to know. Saigas are nice, make nice conversions.

Last edited:

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks, Speed. Yes, they are Arsenal Nevada imports, originally built by Legion, a division of Izmash, in Russia. If anyone needs specific information on markings, shoot a pm and I will check it out when I get home from work in the morning.

Thanks for all the support and interest. Keep in mind that I am accepting offers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom