M90A 5.56 kit Information Please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Hey, my buddy has come across an M90A 1997 kit and wants to know what its worth. I saw the front end, that he had with him. The barrel 5.56 1/7 looked new. I don't know squat about AK's. The barrel is short and heavy with a bird cage flash hider, flip-up night sight, black furniture. What is the configuration of the back end? Does the rear end have a folder or fixed stock? Any Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance to any and all responses. The receiver is a lot heavier than the one I built. What is the value of a complete kit?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I see that it's a Yugo AK that shoots 5.56. I found a gun-deals link from 3.5 years ago that says the kit is $359. No idea what it's worth now. I see both fixed and underfolder variants out there.

http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=294

It looks similar to a Yugo M70 so figure $250-350 depending on if someone thinks a .223 kit is more or less valuable than a comparable kit in 7.62. And the condition of course. I'm basing that on what APEX is selling Yugo kits for.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/51

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks, I don't know, front trunion was stamped M90A 1997 and barrel was stamped 5.56 1/7. It has adjustable gas regulator with 1, 2, and T settings.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I can't speak for all of them but my M90A Yugo is .223. If you can get it, buy it. Only about 1000 made it into the U.S., and they are extremely hard to acquire. It's "supposed to be" a folder, but I built mine as a fixed-stock, because I prefer shooting a fixed stock. Most people can't get ahold of the correct parts to build it as a fixed-stock, but I have a bucket o' AK parts that I can dig through to build what I want.

When you build it up though, be sure that you can get Yugoslavian magazines for it, and build it as a Yugo. I built mine to accept Romanian mags, and I had to remove the safety stop plat and machine the receiver thickness to get it to feed correctly.

If you want tips on building it on a blank, feel free to ask. I've built a bunch of AKs on blanks, and I've learned a few things. This one is a special case though. It's an extraordinary rifle though once you get it fitted correctly. By the way, from my experience the front ends were all that made it into the U.S. Also if "your friend" doesn't buy it please tell me where I can.

Useful information:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=123156&hilit=m90a

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M85/M90

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ran across some more info on the M90A. It is a Yugoslavian AK chambered in 5.56x45 and the "A" model has the folding stock. The M90 model is the fixed stock.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Hey, my buddy has come across an M90A 1997 kit and wants to know what its worth. I saw the front end, that he had with him. The barrel 5.56 1/7 looked new. I don't know squat about AK's. The barrel is short and heavy with a bird cage flash hider, flip-up night sight, black furniture. What is the configuration of the back end? Does the rear end have a folder or fixed stock? Any Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance to any and all responses. The receiver is a lot heavier than the one I built. What is the value of a complete kit?

price check, that is a desirable gun.. let us know..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom