a friend in need

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    i have a friend at work who has the opportunity to buy a Fully automatic M 16. (a buddy of his is selling all of his stuff due to bad health and a move to florida)

the trouble is is that he is not sure who to go to get the forms and signatures for approval. is there some website or information database i can recommend to him.

Also he is affraid that the Saint Tammany Parish Sheriff will refuse to sign off on the paper work, i do believe that there are others who can sign in his place but i am not familiar with the details.

Assistance or just a web link is appreciated.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    since you are in slidell, I would recommend going into S&S tactical, as they are a Class III dealer and should be able to help you out. If the seller and prospective buyer are both louisiana residents, they can do a FTF sale after the buyer fills out the correct paperwork and submits it to the ATF and it comes back approved. The forms are available at http://www.atf.gov/forms/firearms/ . They would need to use the 5320.4. On page 3, subpart 2e lists acceptable "law enforcement certification" persons. Don't forget he will need fingerprint cards in duplicate as well as passport photo's, as well as the state police "registration" forms which can be found Here. look at the "application to register" and "application to transfer"

Any details on the M16 that you are aware of? Original Colt, or an SP1 conversion?

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    Any details on the M16 that you are aware of? Original Colt, or an SP1 conversion?

i have never seen it. we were talking about guns during a slow hour today and he was telling me about all the different automatics his buddy has.

if he goes to S&S would they be able to help him get some of the paperwork done or is that something he has to do all on his own?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    if he goes to S&S would they be able to help him get some of the paperwork done or is that something he has to do all on his own?

That I do not know. I suggested them as they are a Class III dealer in your area. Wouldn't hurt for him to call and ask them though. I think he can fill out the paperwork himself, without needing a dealer since it is an in-state transfer. If his buddy has multiple class III weapons, I would think he would be somewhat abreast of the hoops that have to be jumped through. It seems like a lot, but is actually pretty easy, if you have patience.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    If I'm not mistaken, the nimrod Sheriff Strain would sooner pile a bunch of babies and elderly folks and set them on fire in the middle of Gause Blvd, than sign off on a Class III transfer.:(

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Anything his friend is looking to sell? We're always looking for class 3 items to keep in stock.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns and class 3
    225-202-7843

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom