SOLD Browning High Power New Lowered Price SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    SOLD SOLD SOLD Browning High Power 9mm. This is a Belgium made and is a single action auto. Assembled in Portugal. Pacmar grips with original panel grips. 3-13 round clips comes with gun along with an Uncle Mikes holster. Approx round count is less than 200 down range. Gun is in mint condition and i'm asking $550.00 or best offer. FTF in Laplace area. Pm or email me at buck3050@hotmail.com

I believe the gun was made or assembled in 94 according the serial # Sold

Last edited:

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Beautiful gun. Interested in any trades or partial trades? Also is your BHP marked "Assembled in Portugal" ?

Last edited:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    It's not a "Belgium made" High Power if it was "Assembled in Portugal".
    FN quit assembling the H-P in Belgium around 1980 +/-. Those that were assembled before the switch are the guns that are referred to as "Belgium made".

Art

Last edited:

cbablair

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Slidell
    A lot of Browning guns have " made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal". The older guns are made and assembled, it just doesn't denote that they were put together in Belgium. Just made in Belgium

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    A lot of Browning guns have " made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal". The older guns are made and assembled, it just doesn't denote that they were put together in Belgium. Just made in Belgium

Not a BHP expert, but that is what I understand too. Also, I have never heard of ANY quality issues between assembly in Belgium as compared to Portugal. Remember the Hi Power was J.M. Browning's concept and creation of a better 1911. Fine guns IMHO!

Redleg2/9

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Covington
    The Belgium / Portugal Hi-Power were made in Belgium, but assembled in Portugal, i.e. the Belgium made parts were shipped to Portugal in an unfinished state (raw), the Portuguese then finished and fitted the parts, polished and finished (blued, etc.) the slide and frame, etc, then assembled the guns. The guns were built to the same quality, but the Portuguese eventually cut the cost further by not high polishing the slide releases, etc. This is why the later “T” series Belgium Hi-Powers are considered the cream of the crop and demand a premium.

The post-war Walther PP series of pistols were all “made” in France, but polished and assembled in Germany. The post Belgium complete manufacture pistols are made in the same way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom