Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast
    Army Retired

User Info Menu

I buy the AAFES PX "store brand" razor blades I don't recall the price off hand but, they are very reasonable. I shave a minimum of 5 days a week (usually 7 days a week though) and after three weeks my blade still seems sharper than a disposable.
    I would have look but, I am pretty sure that my handle is a Gillette (non-adjustable).

What a cool original post.
    Be good guys.
    Al
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

p.s. TSA, "Don't touch my junk".

Banned

User Info Menu

Army Retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kajuntriton View Post
    Hey kajun, my razor really beats trying to shave with my Turk FAL Bayonet. Just can't get the edge on that thing.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

p.s. TSA, "Don't touch my junk".

Snap, Crackle, Pop.

User Info Menu

Ok I just got my order from www.bullgooseshaving.net and Phil sent some samples along with it. I snuffed around at those 50 year old Gillette razors for a LONG time and finally got this http://bullgooseshaving.net/mufusfi.html and of all the stuff I ordered just by smell and touch I so far like this creme the best http://bullgooseshaving.net/talashcr15oz.html I think the Taylor brand may end up being my favorite.
    "Do you think 24 cores is overkill for a desktop?" - Oo wIx oO

"IMO you are a social porcupine. I can poke at you but the quills aren't worth the entertainment value." - Derf

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well I tried the King of Shave's found it to not be very good at any price. The Taylors of Old Bond street is good stuff. I bought some sample packs from their website that had every different product they make in it. My favorite was their shave oil. Their shaving creme I felt was over priced for the performance and quanitity received.

But and this is important everyone's face is different. What work for you might not work for some. It takes Different Strokes my friends.

So Snookie try many different combinations of things. The feather razors the Walmart brand wtc. When you find one that you like stick with it. You particular combination might cut off my upper lip and leave me looking like a lobster.

On another note, I've read REALLY good things about the Mitchells Wool Fat Soap and might try it after my tube of Proraso is used up.

Dave
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What about a straight razor? Did you consider one? I have a ton of them and I have been wanting to shave with one any suggestions....

Banned

User Info Menu

Awe Hell

Quote Originally Posted by dwr461 View Post
    Well I tried the King of Shave's found it to not be very good at any price. The Taylors of Old Bond street is good stuff. I bought some sample packs from their website that had every different product they make in it. My favorite was their shave oil. Their shaving creme I felt was over priced for the performance and quanitity received.

But and this is important everyone's face is different. What work for you might not work for some. It takes Different Strokes my friends.

So Snookie try many different combinations of things. The feather razors the Walmart brand wtc. When you find one that you like stick with it. You particular combination might cut off my upper lip and leave me looking like a lobster.

On another note, I've read REALLY good things about the Mitchells Wool Fat Soap and might try it after my tube of Proraso is used up.

Dave
    Awe HELL

You guys are starting to scare the sh*t out of me now! lol

Marksman

User Info Menu

Please read my previous post about straight razors.

Dave
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Banned

User Info Menu

Sooooooooo???????

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorFox View Post
    Ok I just got my order from www.bullgooseshaving.net and Phil sent some samples along with it. I snuffed around at those 50 year old Gillette razors for a LONG time and finally got this http://bullgooseshaving.net/mufusfi.html and of all the stuff I ordered just by smell and touch I so far like this creme the best http://bullgooseshaving.net/talashcr15oz.html I think the Taylor brand may end up being my favorite.
    So how did it do?
    or have u been using double edge???

Snook wants to know! lol

Snap, Crackle, Pop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
    So how did it do?
    or have u been using double edge???

Snook wants to know! lol
    Just got the stuff today. If I can get decently close to as well as the 5 blade cartriges with a DE that uses blades that are close to a dime a dozen in cost, I'm there. Never used a DE before.

ANd I like the KoS gel for use with the Gillette Fusion, I'm not so sure it will work well with a DE.
    Last edited by W1nds0rF0x; September 10th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    "Do you think 24 cores is overkill for a desktop?" - Oo wIx oO

"IMO you are a social porcupine. I can poke at you but the quills aren't worth the entertainment value." - Derf