help got some upper questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i was looking for a short barrel upper on gunbroker i came across this lmt 10.5.0 Everything looked good till i started reading. it said full auto. so is there anything i could do with this? then he goes to say something about not needing to go through ffl because it is just a component. This guy sounds very fishy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=187309697

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The upper is CAPABLE of full auto (really just the bolt carrier group), but the registered part of a full auto AR is the lower receiver. It has nothing to do with the upper.

He is correct that it can be shipped directly to you. The upper alone is not an NFA item, but you need to do the paperwork for a SBR before you could install it on a lower with a stock. You could also use it on a pistol lower with no additional paperwork.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The upper is CAPABLE of full auto (really just the bolt carrier group), but the registered part of a full auto AR is the lower receiver. It has nothing to do with the upper.

He is correct that it can be shipped directly to you. The upper alone is not an NFA item, but you need to do the paperwork for a SBR before you could install it on a lower with a stock. You could also use it on a pistol lower with no additional paperwork.

^^^^^^^ What Mr. Monkey said, you need to have an Short Barrel Rifle Stamp, and you could use it on your current lower.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish

^THIS^

pictured.jpg

Last edited:

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    thanks guys im not really knowledgeable at rifles what so ever. when i get back from the states. Im going see about getting a trust done.
    I really like the spikes jolly roger lower. not only because it looks cool, its well made, and my name is roger. i want to do a sbs with a remington 1100, sbr and suppress my p22. damn money pits

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Well to start out the bottom BCG is from a Piston setup.

Edit: Bottom is from a LWRC piston gun.

standard.jpg

Top: Colt semi auto
    Middle: Full auto
    Bottom: Semi auto

I stole the photo from google.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom