Glock Tactical Suppressor (throw away)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Didnt know this existed, my friend C. Vargas sent me the link, granted it wouldnt work in the US but its the concept behind it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnahn3D2sAc[/ame]

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    I have never used something like this before. It still seemed loud to me. All I have to compare it to is James Bond type movies. Those of you that know, can you tell me do these things make that much of a difference?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Yes this is NOT the lowest when it comes to suppressing sound, the concept behind it is that you "throw it away", Guerilla Warfare type a thing aparently pretty big in South Africa.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have never used something like this before. It still seemed loud to me. All I have to compare it to is James Bond type movies. Those of you that know, can you tell me do these things make that much of a difference?

It is infinitely more quiet-- a lot is lost in the recording and rewriting necessary to make and post the video.

I am not aware of the dB rating on this thing and how it stacks up against the quality suppressors on the market, but the .45 ACP can be insanely quiet. I've shot quite a few recently as I contemplate outfitting my FNP Tactical, and on an indoor range, the sound of the bullet hitting the backstop makes the actual sound of the round going off seem like a quiet cough. "Silenced" is a misnomer created by movies and TV, and anyone in the immediate area with firearms experience will know what's going on. However, they'll be very hard pressed to locate you and could easily ignore one or two fired shots.

Someone who has never been around a suppressed pistol will have no clue what the sound is, and probably write it off to some kind of tool running on compressed air.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom