Madison Parish Sheriff's Deputy Accidentally Shoots Himself

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I'm with Piper on this. It is a VERY common thing in the LEO community (our profession has one of the highest rates of suicide of ANY profession) for someone to kill themselves. The more it gets talked about, the more it might help others in our profession. Suicide is a very nasty thing, and I've lost several friends and family members to it, and had to work a couple of them myself. It isn't something to joke about, but it is something to talk about.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Oh, so now I'm an idiot???

How many shootings have you worked?

If I were to get capped, hell yes I'd like it discussed because maybe it can prevent someone else from getting killed.

Just maybe an officer that has those thoughts will reach out.

A lot more than you I can Guarantee. Besides, I didnt think you and Buhda worked those kinds of crimes, unless you count shots at the bar "shootings"
    This has nothing to do with being an officer, just being thoughtful of this guys family.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I'm with Piper on this. It is a VERY common thing in the LEO community (our profession has one of the highest rates of suicide of ANY profession) for someone to kill themselves. The more it gets talked about, the more it might help others in our profession. Suicide is a very nasty thing, and I've lost several friends and family members to it, and had to work a couple of them myself. It isn't something to joke about, but it is something to talk about.

Well at least your levelheaded about it. However we dont know anything, and anything we post is pure speculation, and thats my whole point. "People in our line of work "may know a few things" but pointing them out on a public forum without any evidence doesnt serve any purpose.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    A lot more than you I can Guarantee. Besides, I didnt think you and Buhda worked those kinds of crimes, unless you count shots at the bar "shootings"
    This has nothing to do with being an officer, just being thoughtful of this guys family.

If you know me so well, then you know I worked elsewhere before.

Actually, no you wouldn't.

Doesn't really matter, I'm done before I get us both in trouble.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Well at least your levelheaded about it. However we dont know anything, and anything we post is pure speculation, and thats my whole point. "People in our line of work "may know a few things" but pointing them out on a public forum without any evidence doesnt serve any purpose.

True, but I think that talking about it in generalities, even if it is speculation, can help others.

Top Bottom