Madison Parish Sheriff's Deputy Accidentally Shoots Himself

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    put me down for one "not an accident" with a side of "13 years is about the mean timeframe for suicide"

unless he dropped the gun on the floor and it fired into his chest

Shame though.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    A service revolver?
    I don't know how you "accidentally" do that.

This....

Everytime I've ever cleaned a revolver it was with the cylinder open....and "accidentally" discharged into the chest? Not saying it wasn't an accident, but stranger things have happened....

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    put me down for one "not an accident" with a side of "13 years is about the mean timeframe for suicide"

Shame though.

sounds about correct to me. What about his life insurance policy? I'm guessing it would not pay out for a suicide. Maybe he needed it to look like an accident.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Sad, deffinetly seems to be more to the story.

Didn't another officer from that area "accidentally" shoot himself while cleaning a glock or similar? It might have even happend in his unit.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    a revolver is a hard thing to not notice being loaded while your cleaning it.....how do you "shoot yourself to death" cleaning one

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    and...what's with all the dead policemen that have been turning up in North Louisiana?

The two Bastrop detectives 3 years ago, a deputy shot to death 6 months ago in Quachita, A deputy in Caldwell Parish killed in a car accident two months ago, a Ruston Policeman shot (but okay) a few weeks ago, a policeman in (I think) Delhi shot and killed a week ago, now this. It's small town rural life in north Louisiana....it isn't New Orleans or Houston up there

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Massad Ayoob told a story once of a detective he knew that admitted he oiled / cleaned his revolver while it was still loaded.:doh:

He stopped doing this when a bad guy was coming at him with an edged weapon and the gun snapped on a dead primer. Luckily, the bad guy passed out at the sight/sound of the hammer falling, and he was untouched. :eek3:

Anyway, sorry to hear this....I agree that there's something rotten in Denmark with this....

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly

Shame though.

You know what, it may be, but as someone who has had a family member die in a hunting accident, and then had to listen to the rumors from idiots that it was suicide for years to come, It is not your place to speculate, especially since there may be some of his friends and family on here.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    You know what, it may be, but as someone who has had a family member die in a hunting accident, and then had to listen to the rumors from idiots that it was suicide for years to come, It is not your place to speculate, especially since there may be some of his friends and family on here.

So now someone on here can't express their opinion on a topic because it strikes close to home and you don't like it?

Or because someone else *may* not like it?

Tragic accidents happen and we are all sorry for the loss when it does.

I really hate to put it this way, but if we want to discuss all sides of it, especialy LEOs, then we will.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So now someone on here can't express their opinion on a topic because it strikes close to home and you don't like it?

I really hate to put it this way, but if we want to discuss all sides of it, especialy LEOs, then we will.

Damn Piper, it's Friday bro, relax some. He's just feeling the pain of his experience which would have went silent until you slapped him in the face with it again :mamoru: sheesh....It's Friday people! ;)

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    As for "service revolver," remember that the media doesn't necessarily know squat about firearms, and may use the term "service revolver" because that's what they've used for 50 years. To many who don't know guns, a gun is a revolver is an automatic is an uzi is an assault rifle is a shotty is a gat is a piece is a roscoe is a pistol is a gun.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    As for "service revolver," remember that the media doesn't necessarily know squat about firearms, and may use the term "service revolver" because that's what they've used for 50 years. To many who don't know guns, a gun is a revolver is an automatic is an uzi is an assault rifle is a shotty is a gat is a piece is a roscoe is a pistol is a gun.

+100 on that. I was going to say since they didn't ID the weapon we don't know what it was. Seems like the Advocate printed something awhile back saying revolver when it was a semi auto. Can't go by the media.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly

Do whatever you want, Just saying to think about what you say before you say it. What if it was your family, or you, and your family reading what some idiot said on the net, true or not.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Do whatever you want, Just saying to think about what you say before you say it. What if it was your family, or you, and your family reading what some idiot said on the net, true or not.

Oh, so now I'm an idiot???

How many shootings have you worked?

If I were to get capped, hell yes I'd like it discussed because maybe it can prevent someone else from getting killed.

Just maybe an officer that has those thoughts will reach out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom