Shot then ran over

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The suspect is the guy running from the left.
    [YOUTUBE]KyeZ9ujm23M[/YOUTUBE]
    Shootout felon Nicholas Wallar sentenced to 30 years in prison

Independence, MO — Independence Police Sgt. Steven Boles says he “fought to stay alive” that night.

And fight he did, but not without help.

Nicholas F. Wallar fired off five rounds from a .38-caliber revolver at Boles. The 12-year officer had fallen to the ground. He struggled to pull his handgun from its holster. Once he did, Boles began shooting at Wallar. A shootout ensued between Wallar and Boles and another officer, Barry Huwar.

A Jackson County Judge on Thursday sentenced the 30-year-old Wallar to 30 years in state prison for shooting at police and carjacking. He must serve 251⁄2 years before he’s eligible for parole, according to prosecutors.

The shootout happened on a rainy night on April 4, 2009.

A dispatcher earlier that night told officers an abandoned car was spotted on east 31st Street. The car had been forcefully stolen from a pizza delivery driver at a 7-Eleven.

Boles went to the area. Wallar had stolen the vehicle and another from a Blue Springs convenience store.

Boles saw a man walking near 35th and Lee’s Summit Road near the Midwest Genealogy Center. The officer got out of his car to approach Wallar.

Boles said he “barely got a word out” when Wallar reached in his waistband and pulled out a handgun. The sergeant retreated but stumbled to the ground.
    “I heard the gunfire,” Boles says.

That’s what he remembers the most from the shootout – gunfire.

When he was on the ground, he thought “I’m about to die.”

Boles landed on his right side, which wasn’t good because he carried the handgun on his right. After finally getting to his knees and releasing the gun from the holster, Boles fired off three rounds. One caught Wallar in the chest.
    Meanwhile, Wallar charged him. He shot and ran.

Officer Barry Huwar went to the area in search of the carjacking suspect. Huwar had a ride-along, an 18-year-old girl who was sitting in the front seat.

As he approached the scene, Huwar saw the frightful scene of a man shooting at Boles, and he saw Boles on the ground.

“I thought he got shot,” Huwar says. “I thought he was injured.”

Huwar drew his handgun. He did the only thing he could to protect Boles and the teenager in the passenger seat – Huwar fired through his patrol car’s windshield.

Like Wallar, who was running and shooting, Huwar was driving and shooting. He gunned the patrol car and fired four rounds at Wallar.

Wallar fell to the ground and Huwar continued driving, running Wallar over.

Wallar suffered a gunshot to the chest. The bullet is still lodged in his chest from Boles’ .357-caliber handgun.

The effects of the shooting still haunt Boles and Huwar, who continue to serve with the Independence Police Department.

Routine “pedestrian checks” are no longer routine for the two officers, they said. Hearts race a bit more than before. The adrenaline rushes. Boles suffered a few sleepless nights in the days following the crime. He got scared after watching the dash-cam video of the shootout.
    g12c0000000000000002da0d29400d68e2a708e02fafca01c4586e519e1.jpg
    http://www.examiner.net/features/x8...cholas-Wallar-sentenced-to-30-years-in-prison
    http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-story-indy-dash-cam-shootout-trial-100710,0,7257438.story

:)

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    It was.
    Perp was on the left, cop was on the right drawing his handgun.

:)

OK, that's what I thought but the ground clearance comment through me off. Hopefully that unit only had about eight inches of clearance and his sorry ass got pinched right under the muffler. hopefully that noise @ around 0:31 that sounds like feline fornication is the BG under the car.

Top Bottom