New from Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crews Customs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Lafayette
    Hi. Im a newb. I happened to come across this site researching getting a CCW permit. I've lived in the Laf. area all my life and currently live in Youngsville.

Ive always shot my dads rifles and shotguns & I've only owned a Browning 20ga that i rarely shot. I purchased a Taurus 24/7 pro ds 9mm in July this year as my first handgun and I've been addicted since. I probly wouldn't have got one for awhile until my G/Fs dad bought her a 380 last christmas (he is a big gun fanatic). I always felt I could protect myself or her without a firearm but since I saw how much she enjoyed owning one, I had to get one (I couldnt let my girl protect me, lol). Now that I own one I didn't know what I was missing! Not only for protection but this is my new found hobby... along with the other money pit hobbies I have. I'm looking to get a CCW permit & learn as much as I can about firearms.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hi. Im a newb. I happened to come across this site researching getting a CCW permit. I've lived in the Laf. area all my life and currently live in Youngsville.

Ive always shot my dads rifles and shotguns & I've only owned a Browning 20ga that i rarely shot. I purchased a Taurus 24/7 pro ds 9mm in July this year as my first handgun and I've been addicted since. I probly wouldn't have got one for awhile until my G/Fs dad bought her a 380 last christmas (he is a big gun fanatic). I always felt I could protect myself or her without a firearm but since I saw how much she enjoyed owning one, I had to get one (I couldnt let my girl protect me, lol). Now that I own one I didn't know what I was missing! Not only for protection but this is my new found hobby... along with the other money pit hobbies I have. I'm looking to get a CCW permit & learn as much as I can about firearms.

Welcome from St. Martinville!!!

Crews Customs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Lafayette
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome, I basically have the same story and the exact same gun...

I love this gun. I didn't do much research before I bought it, but I feel I made a good choice.

Im already planning my next purchase. Looking at a Springfield Mil spec 1911. Shot my friends 1911 and realized I had to have one. A bit big & heavy for a carry but it will make for some fun range shooting.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Welcome to BS from Abbeville! My uncle brought me shooting last year and it hasn't been the same also. You found a great place for information and great people that's local.

Top Bottom