Circle K's anti-gun policy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    This eveing after work I went to the Circle K on Shreveport/Barksdale Blvd in Shreveport. As I was standing in line I noticed a large sign by the door, attached to the glass window, listing all the things one cannot do while inside the store. Among the listing of can't do's, in small print, was one sign that said No Firearms Allowed, along with the logo of a circle with a handgun in the middle and a line running through it. I've been in that store many times, usually carrying concealed, and had never noticed this sign. Is this Circle K's policy for all it's stores? If this is their policy the sign should be larger and more noticeable instead of being mixed in with a number of other notices. I frequent Circle K only because it's convenient. If this is their store-wide policy tonight will be my last purchase at a Circle K.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Email the local store and the corporate office. They need to hear that you will not shop there as long as the signs remain.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I find wearing my majic green hat gets me a lot more privacy in places like Circle K-riminal

attachment.php

dustinb34

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    slidell
    The crazy thing is that yesterday I was in circle k in slidell and there was a big sign at the counter that said we sell ammo. 9mm and .380. WOW!!!!!!!!

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Circle K is likely the major contributor to the anti gun groups. Their ban on guns is nationwide.

While I do not agree with them, I see their side of it and they are not going to change their ways no matter how many emails, letters or boycotts.

Each day across the US, Circle K has a few dozen stores being the object of armed robberies. Each year they have a few employees shot, some fatally. They feel they can get rid of all guns or make a major dent in the gun market until legislation is passed to remove guns from the hands of civilians.

BTW: Police officers getting a cup of coffee or cigarettes there are breaking a law by carrying their guns inside. The can only legally do so when called there by dispatch.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Circle K is likely the major contributor to the anti gun groups. Their ban on guns is nationwide.

While I do not agree with them, I see their side of it and they are not going to change their ways no matter how many emails, letters or boycotts.

Each day across the US, Circle K has a few dozen stores being the object of armed robberies. Each year they have a few employees shot, some fatally. They feel they can get rid of all guns or make a major dent in the gun market until legislation is passed to remove guns from the hands of civilians.

BTW: Police officers getting a cup of coffee or cigarettes there are breaking a law by carrying their guns inside. The can only legally do so when called there by dispatch.

WTF?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I find wearing my majic green hat gets me a lot more privacy in places like Circle K-riminal

attachment.php

dawg just don't forget to wear your hat if you or a loved one ever needs immediate attention at an ER around here. seems a lot of our undocumented friends frequent the ER for pesky splinters, hangnails and the worst; runny noses.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I think you strongly misunderstand the law.

No Sir, I do not misunderstand the law. I deal with these laws daily all over the State.

Just as with bars, an officer is not able to carry where guns are posted as forbidden. If the officer is called there, then he/she can carry a sidearm inside.

Caddo Parish SO recently fired a deputy for going inside a bar with his sidearm without being called to the bar.

If an officer is making a random check for security, then carrying a firearm is tolerated.

Now for the real issue: There is no laws that forbid a person from carrying a gun into a convenience store but the store can forbid weapons, such as Circle K has done nationwide. Lowe's Building Materials also did this years ago but has since reversed their position on guns. If one goes inside a store where guns are forbidden, then they can ask you to leave. Yet cou cannot be charged with carrying a weapon inside the store. If you refuse to leave, then you can be charged with Entering & Remaining, among other possible charges.

A POST certified law enforcement officer does not have any more rights than a civilian citizen. He has powers of arrest but is limited to where he can go without being called there.

Would Circle K ask the officer to leave their store? No, but the stores are posted restricting guns and the officer could be asked to leave.

I work with these laws, courts, attorneys, law enforcement agencies and politicians all day long. seven days a week and have tangled with this issue before.

Top Bottom