I bet one of these dudes wishes there had been a DWI checkpoint that night....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    http://www.policeone.com/news/2799592-Drunk-driver-arrested-with-body-hanging-from-tailgate

Drunk driver arrested with body hanging from tailgate

The suspect, who was speeding while intoxicated told cops 'I drank about a case of beer today'

GARY, Ind. — An Indiana man pulled over for speeding was driving with the partial remains of a man hanging over his tailgate, according to court records.

"I drank about a case of beer today," the suspect allegedly told police while being booked into the Lake County Jail.

William Cecil Albrecht Jr., of Hobart, is accused of hitting and killing the northwestern Indiana man, 52-year-old Paul Williams, with his speeding truck.

Police say Albrecht's 2000 Chevrolet S-10 truck and a second vehicle were seen speeding in Gary, Ind., about 11:20 p.m. Saturday.

When a police officer caught up and pulled the truck over, he noticed legs and a pair of blue jeans hanging from the tailgate, according to court documents. Smoke was coming from the truck, the windshield was shattered and Albrecht had glass on his arms and chest, according to the documents.

He allegedly told police, "I hit a person."

The Lake County coroner's staff pronounced Williams of Lake Station, Ind., dead at 1:45 a.m.

Albrecht had another case of beer in his truck's cab when police stopped him, according to court records.

Albrecht, 26, is charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, causing death and failure to stop after an accident resulting in death, both felonies. He also faces misdemeanor charges of driving while intoxicated.

Albrecht was taken to St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart, Ind., where his blood-alcohol content was found to be 0.12 percent, police said. Indiana's legal driving limit is 0.08 percent.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Nothing will bring it home to you like looking at a body in several pieces in the street, having to watch where you step to avoid getting human flesh on your boots, because some jacka$$ wouldn't call a cab, or a friend, or sleep it off in the damned parking lot.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There were some good responses to this story, But I don't know about this one:

" Posted by MajHunter on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:07 AM Pacific Report Abuse

How horrible. I love to have a beer every now and then, but it is a real shame that prohibition failed. I'd gladly give up my occasional Guinness to prevent tragedies like this. That is why my department is so hard on DUI drivers. We don't give professional courtesy, etc. DUI is unacceptable and needs to stop."

I respectfully disagree. If you believe this, then you may also believe that banning all firearms will prevent gun crimes. I do not.

Just my .02....

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom