AK-47 For Sale - EDIT - PRICE DROP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I have an Ak-47 I bought recently on here. I haven't shot it yet. The previous owner said he only shot 200ish rounds through it. It is a Romanian GP WASR10/63.

I dont know much else about the gun except that it looks to be in good shape, it comes with two loaded mags, and it is missing the cleaning rod.

Price - 400 cash

Pics are in post below!

Thanks,

Gavin

Last edited:

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    gawdr81ten2ebmq85rx1.jpg

m2styyf9crc5c2nsg4d.jpg

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Which rule says you can't ask questions about parts count and 922r compliance? It seems like an important question to me and something potential buyers would like to know about.

4) NO derogatory remarks.

Derogatory = tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.

If you aren't a potential buyer, it shouldn't concern you.
    All your conjecture has a negative effect on the guy's sale thread.
    Keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Derogatory = tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.

If you aren't a potential buyer, it shouldn't concern you.
    All your conjecture has a negative effect on the guy's sale thread.
    Keep it to yourself.

I see your point but another rule is

2) NO items that are deemed illegal by the State of Louisiana, the state in which the seller resides, the state which the prospective buyer resides or the Federal government. If you have an item such as a 'widget' (for example) that is illegal for sale in Louisiana, DO NOT SELL IT. If it is legal to sell but that sale requires certain legal process to take place, then it is authorized. The onus is upon the seller/buyer to ensure those processes are completed.
    It would be good to know if it is set up with 922r in mind

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

2) NO items that are deemed illegal by the State of Louisiana, the state in which the seller resides, the state which the prospective buyer resides or the Federal government. If you have an item such as a 'widget' (for example) that is illegal for sale in Louisiana, DO NOT SELL IT. If it is legal to sell but that sale requires certain legal process to take place, then it is authorized. The onus is upon the seller/buyer to ensure those processes are completed.

This is exactly my point. Nothing derogatory was being asked. If anything I'm doing the seller a favor by pointing out something he may not be aware of BUT NEEDS TO BE. As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. And even in the firearm community 922r is not always understood or even know about.

To imply my question is in violation of the "no derogatory remarks" rule because it may have a negative effect on the sale is overreaching. If the rule were applied in that way then no one could ask how many rounds were down the barrel or if a revolver has an internal lock. The answers to both of those questions could affect a sale for some buyers but they get asked all the time.

It's a simple question with a simple answer. Either the gun is 922r compliant with foreign mags or it's not. If it isn't than fine. The gun just needs to be used with US mags or foreign mags with some US parts. Not a big deal and if the buyer wants to use all foreign mags they can just switch out the pistol grip and/or the muzzle attachment. The gun doesn't even need to be changed to be sold. Just remove any foreign mags from the gun itself and let the buyer know about the parts count. Then it's up to the buyer to make any changes to the gun or the mags.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA

This is exactly my point. Nothing derogatory was being asked. If anything I'm doing the seller a favor by pointing out something he may not be aware of BUT NEEDS TO BE. As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. And even in the firearm community 922r is not always understood or even know about.

To imply my question is in violation of the "no derogatory remarks" rule because it may have a negative effect on the sale is overreaching. If the rule were applied in that way then no one could ask how many rounds were down the barrel or if a revolver has an internal lock. The answers to both of those questions could affect a sale for some buyers but they get asked all the time.

It's a simple question with a simple answer. Either the gun is 922r compliant with foreign mags or it's not. If it isn't than fine. The gun just needs to be used with US mags or foreign mags with some US parts. Not a big deal and if the buyer wants to use all foreign mags they can just switch out the pistol grip and/or the muzzle attachment. The gun doesn't even need to be changed to be sold. Just remove any foreign mags from the gun itself and let the buyer know about the parts count. Then it's up to the buyer to make any changes to the gun or the mags.

OK, I-lawyers, what law states that it is illegal to buy, sell, or possess that gun with foreign mags inserted? What is the penalty?
    Who elected you 922r hall monitors of the BS marketplace?
    What muzzle attachment? The pic shows a gun with no muzzle attachment, doesn't it?

Asking 922r questions sheds a negative light on the weapon, making it seem as though it may be illegal, scaring some potential buyers away.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom