Taurus Judge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    There are several threads on the Judge. Check out the search function.

I will chime in though,

I had the first one when it first came out and really liked it. When the 3" chamber came out I bought one of those also. I really love the 3" chamber with the 3" barrel that I have now. Usually its a 10-15' gun with 3" mags due to the rifling in the barrel. It opens up the groups pretty good. Winchester has a new shot shell for it now though with 3 slug like disks in front of the shot. It makes a pretty potent round for any type of defense and also extends the range some. Sure there are better self defense guns out there but this one is not bad. Great for shooting snakes and other critters also.

All in all I love my judge and its in the collection to stay. It does what its supposed to do.

Last edited:

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    i have the 2.5" barrel 2.5" chamber public defender, i like mine as a play gun/home defense gun(but not my primary) but it was not my first handgun and i would say buy a semi auto 9mm,.40, or .45 for a first handgun, its better for self defense and general learning, its hard to get used to seeing the hammer on the judge move and you will subconciousely jerk the gun when you anticipate the hit making it where you cant hit crap on a target.the judge is a bit of a novelty cool factor gun for shooting snakes and turtles but with the PDX ammunitioin is can be used for vehicle protection.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I have the 3" chamber and it is a blast to shoot. It is great for snakes and such, and that is mainly what I use it for.
    I will admit that I have had problems with it when it was new. I had to send it back to Taurus for repairs. It took about 4 weeks before Taurus had all repairs done and got it back to me. It is a fun gun if used for its intended purpose.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Bought the 2.5 inch ammo version in the Ultralite configuration with a 3 inch barrel for the wife. Yep, she wanted one. So far have killed 7 snakes this year by our pond and the older Grandsons love it. Kicks pretty good, but definitely a keeper. Have plenty of other self defense guns that are way smaller, but for fun and our go to gun at the home place it is just right.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom