Wanting to build an AR15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    that was an assembled upper, but a stripped lower and parts. its halfway building lol. I'll probably research better come december when payroll goes through

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Im almost done my SBR complete with a Noveske 7.5. I should have some pics on the next week for ya'll to drool over :D

hickman

hiding in the piney woods
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Alexandria, LA
    Did mine on a Stag lower about $100, RRA internals $55 if memory serves, swapped out HTS for a JPEnterprise adjustable set $110 from another shooter, ERGO grip $18 I think, picked up a complete DPMS flattop upper with 20" HBAR, freefloat system, 5 or 6 mags, and rear sight from the EE over on arfcom $450 shipped. Decided it was heavier than I liked, so I looked until I found a 20" Colt gov't profile barrel $195 shipped, and switched it out. It shoots okay, but I am still working on loads for it with the 68gr Hornady BTHP's. Working on trading off the 20" HBAR for a Mueller scope, so I will be into it for around $730 or so, and it is way better than an off the shelf basic gun. Would be less, but I bought all the RRA parts at the same time instead of waiting till I had the JPE parts, would have saved another $20 or 30 I think, not getting the trigger and hammer from RRA.

With a bit of patience, and some luck, you can part one together for under $500, under $600 with a little less luck and patience. $200 will get you a case of 223 for practice. and $100 buys about 10 mags, to load that 1000 rounds into.

hickman

hiding in the piney woods
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Alexandria, LA
    Building is easy,
    True.

saves money,
    You can save a couple hundred bucks. And if $$$ is a problem, you can spread the purchases out so it is less of an impact.

you get exactly what you want
    Suppose you want a RRA Entry Tactical with an ACE stock and Vortex FH. Building it yourself saves the trouble and cost of having to replace stuff you don't want.

and you learn alot about the rifle.
    Priceless.

well said, and very true

Top Bottom