$100 Mil Spec match quality AR lowers WITH FREE custom engraving!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I'm pretty sure nothing, you get a lower apply for your stamp and then buy an SBR upper ,do all the paper work though the same dealer and it should be taken care of.

If you were building it yourself then you would need to put your name and address on it.

If you are gonna transfer it later go with option one and let Will or you NFA dealer handle it all.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The post above is mostly incorrect. You need your name and city, state engraved on the lower unless you buy an already complete Sbr rifle from a dealer (not recommended).

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Mine pretty much is the same as yours...

I you build it your self you gotta name and address it. (not sure if I would want my name on a gun that you plan on selling)

You can order the separate parts through one class III dealer and they assemble it and transfer it to you (they are basically building it with the parts you wanted).

or buy a complete.

What is incorrect?

I will be doing an SBR soon and want to make sure I got it right. I do not plan on ever transferring so I will be the builder and it will have my name and address...

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    On another note the laser engraving is probably not going to fall under the ATF's guidelines anyway. It wont leave the engraving deep enough unless they have a **** hot laser.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Anvil seemed to be pretty familiar with the sbr process when we did our group buy on ar15. I have two sequential numbers with the gulf states logo on them still needing built.

The lowers and engraving are beautiful, and Larry at la reloading has their ffl on file now

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'm pretty sure nothing, you get a lower apply for your stamp and then buy an SBR upper ,do all the paper work though the same dealer and it should be taken care of.

There really isn't any such thing as an "SBR Upper". There are:

1. Uppers with short barrels. Require no paperwork and can be shipped direct to your house without even ID. No engraving required. Can only legally attach to a registered pistol, SBR, or machine gun lower.

2. SBR registered lowers. Transfers on a Form 4. Requires a Class III SOT, transfer fees, and months of waiting before you can play with the lower. No additional engraving required except what's already on it.

3. Complete SBR rifles. Same procedure as option #2. Usually requires rifle to be paid in full up front.

4. Lowers you register yourself as an SBR. Best option. No dealers involved or SOT transfer fees. Can build a stripped lower up as you save money and the paperwork processes. Get to be in possession of the lower as paperwork approves. Your name or business name plus city and state should be engraved on the lower per ATF specifications.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    The post above is mostly incorrect.
    this made it seem like the whole post was wrong not a simple semantics issue.

I basically was saying the same thing but Point taken, I was using SBR upper as in context of a Short barreled upper.

But I would not be in possession of the upper TILL the paper work is esp, if you own other AR's!!

I have been questioning weather it is a good idea to have an AR pistol and a rifle in the same house... with that guy getting hung out by the ATF for a malfing rifle. I am going to be extra cautious.

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Agreed. I'm hoping to make a sticky on building and registering an SBR as soon as I'm finished with mine. ATF cashed the check about two weeks ago so it should go pending in another month or sooner.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I am going to send in my paper work the end of this month!!!

Can't wait to finish this thing!!! I'm afraid my wife is going claim all the range time with it though...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom