2 years in prison - A man's story

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I read it all too, very interesting. It does sound like he is taking full responsibility and doesnt seem to feel sorry for himself. At the same time I dont feel sorry for him either.

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I would rather die than consentingly have gay sex of any sort or pick up a heroin habit. My values run a little too deep for any of that.

i understand your point and would hope i could do the same but im trying to say that you dont know what you will do when faced with an extreme situation, you are telling me this info from a view that has never been locked in a windowless room for a week or longer. he didnt inject heroin when he sucked one, he was on exstacy which was probably eaten, im just trying tell you that you dont know what you will do when you get desperate to pass time, values dont exist much in prison, you would probably be the only person there with any, and of all the people in prison, do you believe you are THE ONE that wont fall subject to the mental breakdown?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    i understand your point and would hope i could do the same but im trying to say that you dont know what you will do when faced with an extreme situation, you are telling me this info from a view that has never been locked in a windowless room for a week or longer. he didnt inject heroin when he sucked one, he was on exstacy which was probably eaten, im just trying tell you that you dont know what you will do when you get desperate to pass time, values dont exist much in prison, you would probably be the only person there with any, and of all the people in prison, do you believe you are THE ONE that wont fall subject to the mental breakdown?

Yes.

I've been on Deployments etc.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I agree with Nomad. The time I was in Afghanistan I never picked up a habit or had gay sex. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and I will tell you that I wont be gay or a drug user.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Interestingly I worked with a guy for awhile and one day on a job I asked what he did before. Strangely enough he had been a prison guard who worked his way up to supervisor and retired. He was a quiet guy and kept to himself a lot but at the same time was friendly so I believe what he told me that day and days later as the truth.

He told me more stuff then I can remember but enough stuff to make me damn sure that I am never going to prison or even jail for that matter.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yes.

I've been on Deployments etc.

Keeping in mind that you are in your " right " mind at this time...some are mentaly able to stand up to confinement, give John McCain as an example and role model...but till you've been thru the fire...it's only talk.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Keeping in mind that you are in your " right " mind at this time...some are mentaly able to stand up to confinement, give John McCain as an example and role model...but till you've been thru the fire...it's only talk.

There are plenty of examples of 'non-scumbagtypes' in POW situations ETC...

Dirtbag= dirtbag.

I've been through boring, teadious, and stressful situations enough to atleast have an idea.

JMHO... USMC Bootcamp is alot like prison.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    There are plenty of examples of 'non-scumbagtypes' in POW situations ETC...

Dirtbag= dirtbag.

I've been through boring, teadious, and stressful situations enough to atleast have an idea.

JMHO... USMC Bootcamp is alot like prison.

Been there, ( MCRD San Diego ) I didn't do anything out of chararter...but that's not prison, where normal is anarchy...

Anyways...not meaning to start **** here, just revisiting the old walk in my shoes theme...:)

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    This is an ancient thread -- but I stumbled across it nd it consumed me for about 2 hours of reading...….wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom