Precicion in BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Yes, Kevin is good to go and you can play with the toys in his range while you wait for the transfer to go through.

To an extent. Kevin transferes through his personal business called X-treme weapons in Brusly, LA. The class III transfer paperwork has nothing to do with Precision, other than Kevin works there (Manager, I think??). He does not store CIII items at Precision, but will bring them there a couple times for you to play with/check out. I dont really blame him for not wanting to be held accountable for someones 5 figure machine gun if something was to happen to it while transporting it from his shop to precision, but he does understand the excitement of the buyer, and will accomodate you within reason.

Yes, Kevin is good to go, and is always professional and courteous, extremely knowledgeable (trusts.llc,etc..), and returns phone calls promptly, which is worth the few extra bucks in my book. Well that, and he happens to be 10-15 minutes from my house.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    ok,thanks.

WHY WAS A POST OF MINE REMOVED?

I would like to use him for class3 but I wanted to get member feedback first.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    not sure yet, thinking of a few "toys". have you gotten a suppressor from him? how did the process go, time frame, etc....?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    not sure yet, thinking of a few "toys". have you gotten a suppressor from him? how did the process go, time frame, etc....?

ATF is more responsible for the time frame than Kevin. He sends forms quickly, and does not sit on paperwork. Currently ATF is a couple (2-3) weeks behind on form 4's. If you transfer a suppressor, make sure it is on a form 3, and in stock to get a quicker turnaround.
    He is a stocking Gemtech, Surefire and a couple others i dont remember. I know he has the Gemtech Halo in stock.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why would the ATF spend resources to "keep tabs" on people who understand and play by the rules? It's not the NFA owners they have to worry about. There have been very few crimes committed with NFA registered weapons and the ATF understands it's a waste of time to put us "on the radar."

Just my .02. If I disappear in a black van one day you can say I was wrong. :D

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Why would the ATF spend resources to "keep tabs" on people who understand and play by the rules? It's not the NFA owners they have to worry about. There have been very few crimes committed with NFA registered weapons and the ATF understands it's a waste of time to put us "on the radar."

for the very same reason that we have laws creating gun free zones... you know, if it's not legal, then people don't have it/ do it!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

So when the time comes , they know where to find them . Your government is scared of an armed society . It limits their options . :eek3:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    for the very same reason that we have laws creating gun free zones... you know, if it's not legal, then people don't have it/ do it!

I don't really understand what you are trying to say. I agree gun free zones are dumb and encourage violence rather than suppress it but what does that have to do with black helicopters, tin foil hats, and paranoia?

Let's face it, that's what we're talking about when you ask if buying a gun will put you on the radar. Who's radar? And why are you only concerned about NFA weapons? Have you bought a regular gun in a store lately? Do you believe the NICS info is really destroyed? If NFA owners are on a list, ALL gun owners are on a list. Welcome to the club.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So when the time comes , they know where to find them . Your government is scared of an armed society . It limits their options . :eek3:

Historically speaking, they are more likely to restrict and take away your Title I weapon than my Title II weapon. Assault weapon bans generally don't apply to NFA. Like I've said in other posts, buying a $200 tax stamp could be a very good insurance policy against a gun grab.

If anything, NFA owners are "under the radar". Politicians don't know about us, crimes aren't committed with them, and it would be too much hassle to repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934 for little gain. Of course, if one guy goes nuts with a registered machine gun then all bets are off.

I hope I never have to say I told you so.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I have paperwork in with ATF for an sbs.

I figured myprints are already on file so many places that they already know where to find me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom