Microtech Scarab

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a 100% unused, brand new condition Microtech Scarab D/E that I would like to sell. Please do not laugh or choke, but I'd like $500, pictures below.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry. I couldn't resist. It looks like a very nice knife, but for $500 it better be one of those Russian ones that launches the blade!

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry, $500 is the street price on that knife, if you can find one. List is $550. Oh, and trust me, like the sound of shell being pumped into a shotgun it makes a sound upon opening that speaks volumes. The first line being "something very un-nice could be about to happen." With some KoS gel and a steady hand one could shave with it.

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I have the Infindel, its kinda sexy.. I purchased a Microtech from Spanky and its my DCK. But it has been replaced by the Benchmade.

WhiteRabbit22

US Navy, Belle Chasse LA.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2008
    Marrero LA.
    I don't think it should freakin matter. It's a knife, I see no reason why only police, fire, and ems should only be allowed to carry this. That's a BS law if it's true.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the right to keep and bear knives shall not be infringed!

just based on 14:94 and looking up the definitions it references, it only shows police/leo's able to carry them. But the word I've always been taught is that fire and EMS can as well. There may be something more, but outside of the criminal code and highway regulatory act I'm not sure where to start the search

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When I worked full-time on the trucks(ambulance), and knew all the guys/LEO's working with me, I carried my Auto, but only when I was working the trucks.

I am friends with a few LEO's in this area, but not all of them like back in Clinton/Zachary area. I am still a part-time Paramedic & full-time ER/ICU RN. I carry my Spiderco Endura (even though I am not supposed to-absurd Hospital policy).

The Auto's are now home tools..aka paperweights. I have looked and looked for laws allowing me to carry my auto, but I can not find anything definitive. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. Is it time to research again? Oh I think it is...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom