WTB Mossberg Vent rib 28" barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    A friend damaged his barrel and is looking for a replacement, the original looks and feels like parkerized black finish. I don't see that as a listed factory accessory barrel, could it be Matte blue? I'm new too Mossy's, not to picky but would like it to match the rest of the gun. Thanks let me know what you got...:)

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Gunbroker???? And take my friends dollars from here to somewhere else.....not likely,....but maybe if I have to......Ya'll gonna love the pics.....and the story,....coming in a few minutes stand by....

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Okay, co-workers and 12 yr old son are out squirrel hunting, walking across downed tree carrying said dead squirrel in one hand, shotgun in other, falls off tree,.... basically a slow speed fall where you can't stop yourself cause your hands are full. Tosses the squirrel and shotgun somewhat gently to the side as he tries not to bust his ass.
    Picks up shotgun notices barrel has mud in the end of it, clears chamber selects field expediant barrel obstruction cleaner(stick) and procedes to clean mud plug (thats right mud....keep moving nothing to see here) out of barrel, the whole time explaining to his 12 yr old son the merits of gun safety, gets it all cleaned out or...thinks he does.......and goes back to hunting the ever popular tree rats. Fast forward ten minutes and my buddy stumbles across another suicidal squirrel running straight away from him.... throws down on him and blasts the nut cracker into the afterlife. As he's bending down to pick up squirrel out of the corner of his eye he notices this........

barrel001.jpg

barrel002.jpg

Well thats the story, apparently he didn't get all the mud out of the barrel, the shot still left,.... what was left of the barrel and took Rocky to meet Bullwinkle in the great beyond, and thats why he needs a new barrel.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Check with local Gunsmiths, sometimes they get to keep guns that cant be fixed and that costumers no longer want or refuse to pay for service, kept for parts, they might hook you up.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom