Wanted: Mini 30 (NO, NOT FOR ME!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I actually thought about getting a mini-30 as well. After looking into it I couldn't justify buying a rifle for $800 that had accuracy and reliability issues with high capacity magazines. I went with an AK instead.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    I actually thought about getting a mini-30 as well. After looking into it I couldn't justify buying a rifle for $800 that had accuracy and reliability issues with high capacity magazines. I went with an AK instead.

Exactly....why spend $800 for a mediocre semi-auto rifle in 7.62x39 when you could get an AK for less than $500. Not to mention access to cheap mags and other accessories.

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    the soviet block 7.62 rifles and ammo are .311

american bores and ammo are .308

the ammo is interchangeable, but accuracy is nonexistant

My skin crawls when I see these leftist (commies) taking control of our country. The AK is a beautiful piece of machinery and has no political leanings either way. Ask some Army Rangers or Marine Recon who served in the early years if Vietnam, why they discarded their AR 15's and captured Ak's for their behind-the-lines missions.

My skin crawls when our elected officials send our protectors into harm's way with inferior or defective equipment. And it hasn't stopped!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom