**Decided to keep**Sig P6 excellent condition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    If your looking for a nice P6, then look no further this is the nices P6 I have ever seen. Gun is in excellent condition, has been carried and shot, i put about three boxes through it myself, gun functions flawlessly, replaced recoil spring with a brand new factory sig spring. Comes with original blue case, original manual, original green box cleaning kit, original holster and a uncle mikes retention holster, and three practically brand new and one brand new never used factory magazine, the mags have Sig Sauer written on them like the newer style. $550 OBO no trades, i am located in Destrehan. Email or PM me if interested.

Last edited:

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Also, weren't some of these P6's the refinished German police models, versus the newer version?
    Is this one carrying its original finish, or one of those with a new finish applied?

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Also, weren't some of these P6's the refinished German police models, versus the newer version?
    Is this one carrying its original finish, or one of those with a new finish applied?

What new version? P6 is the designation for the Sig P225 by the German police. You can tell by the open hammer which breaks when dropped (by design).

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

There are only 2 versions of this gun.
    First is the European version (like this one for sale). Its official name is sig P225 P6. It has the hook on the hammer and there should also be a date stamped on the side of the slide, I.e. 10/85 or something.

The US version of this is simply designated Sig P225. This has the standard hammer. Also the slide is marked Sig P225. All parts are interchangeable (including mags).

The only other item of concern or issues, was that Of the feed ramp. About 2 yrs ago, I contacted the Sig factory and they did say that the feed ramp was changed to help feed issues with JHP ammo. Here is a copy:

There was a change in the design on the feed ramp on the P6 guns. Here is what Sig informed me.

Dear Mr. Wilson,
    We checked our drawings and found out that we change the angle of the barrel ramp on the 14th of June 1989 from 52 degrees to 54 degrees.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With best regards,

Ralf Vanicek
    Produktmanager SIG SAUER

There is also several people that will polish the feed ramps to solve the problem.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    What new version? P6 is the designation for the Sig P225 by the German police. You can tell by the open hammer which breaks when dropped
    bs875 said:
    Here's the list of German Police pistols.
    P1 = Walther P38
    P2 = Sig P210-4
    P3 = Astra 600
    P4 = Short-barreled Walther P38
    P5 = Walther P5
    P6 = Sig P225
    P7 = Heckler & Koch P7
    P8 = Heckler & Koch USP
    P9 = Heckler & Koch P9
    P10 = Heckler & Koch USP Compact

P designation = Police

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I'll add that you can buy with confidence from Johnny. Square dealer is he.

And...I've had previous P6's (prior to the ramp revamp) that ran like scalded dogs with any JHP I fed them (and that's all I fed them too), NO issues of any kind.

Good luck with your sale Johnny.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Thanks, and it does have the factory P6 finish, but it is by far the nicest P6 I have ever seen. I've seen about 13-14, it's a tack driver, shoots great with any ammo JHP or ball. I have never had any problems with the feed. Hell it will feed spent brass, if you want a nice P6 to carry this is it. If my Kimber sells I will keep my P6

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Here's a bump because I think it's the coolest auto on the board at the moment. How many rounds do you think has been fired through it?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom