Goober says hey.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard about you from another member. I will be reading for quite a while and not posting unless I have a question. I was searching for 1911 .45information that I will talk about later. Swartz (sp.) safety concerns. Series 70, 80 safeties, etc. Kimber safety mechanisms compared with others. You get the gist of it.
    I live near New Iberia and just started shooting at the Sheriff's range on occasion. I have firearms of various types and calibers that are mostly hunting type stuff. I've been reloading for a long time at a casual rate to supply a few rounds for hunting and because I like fooling with stuff like that. I'm not anal over accuracy to just kill a deer. Close is good. All of my guns are capable of shooting better than I can.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I took the Swartz safety out of my Kimber 9mm. I grab a pistol high and have trouble activating the grip safety (yep, even the sensitized ones) so I "pin" the grip safety. With the grip safety pinned the pistol cannot be taken apart with the Swartzs system installed. Therefore, when you want to clean the pistol you must remove the main spring housing. This got old fast, so I took the Swartzs system out. You must remove the rear sight to accomplish this task.

Before you start crying....its OK, this is not like a Glock, there is a thumb safety on the 1911. :nono:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I heard about you from another member. I will be reading for quite a while and not posting unless I have a question. I was searching for 1911 .45information that I will talk about later. Swartz (sp.) safety concerns. Series 70, 80 safeties, etc. Kimber safety mechanisms compared with others. You get the gist of it.
    I live near New Iberia and just started shooting at the Sheriff's range on occasion. I have firearms of various types and calibers that are mostly hunting type stuff. I've been reloading for a long time at a casual rate to supply a few rounds for hunting and because I like fooling with stuff like that. I'm not anal over accuracy to just kill a deer. Close is good. All of my guns are capable of shooting better than I can.

Welcome from St. Martinville. You said you live NEAR New Iberia. Which side?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom