Hello everyone!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Provita

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Happy New Years and Happy 100th anniversary to the Colt 1911, everyone!

My name's Chris, or Provita, call me whatever you choose.

I'm 20 and live in Baton Rouge and go to LSU, though I'm from Metairie.

I have only recently began collecting and shooting, having grown in an anti-gun family. My best friend and roomate's family are all police officers, and from meeting them it all went uphill there! :D

So far, I've been on the cheaper side of things: Own a stainless-barrel Ruger 10/22 and a 1891/30 Mosin Nagant, and have recently taken the plunge to build an AR. With that, I have a RRA upper, and practically everything except a stripped lower which I sadly found out a few days ago I must wait 10 months to get due to FFL regulations (had no idea it wasn't a long gun).

I'm always looking to learn more, meet new people, and I love methods of procrastination so this forum will certainly distract me from schoolwork.

I was referenced by a member, though I don't know his name on the board, because he knew I was building an AR and would love the environment.

So... hello everyone! And thanks for reading!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Welcome! Stinks about the lower. I just found this place myself not long ago. Seems like a nice crowd.

Provita

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Thanks for the greetings! Though I'm not familiar with all sources, especially local, I can tell you Grandpa23 that a great place to get a quality MN 91/30 would be Aimsurplus.com, 80 dollars plus shipping and fee. Granted, that would be more expensive likely than the 100 I paid at Cabelas (they have occasional sales); however, the quality I have seen from my friend getting one was absolutely top notch!

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Thanks for the greetings! Though I'm not familiar with all sources, especially local, I can tell you Grandpa23 that a great place to get a quality MN 91/30 would be Aimsurplus.com, 80 dollars plus shipping and fee. Granted, that would be more expensive likely than the 100 I paid at Cabelas (they have occasional sales); however, the quality I have seen from my friend getting one was absolutely top notch!

Thanks. I've had a couple other people recommend Aimsurplus. Right now they are $69.99 + $10.00 if you want hand picked. I may just go that route. :)

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome and Happy New Year. I don't understand why you must wait 10 months for a stripped lower. Would you please explain on that one.

Beauxdog :dunno:

Top Bottom