Hi. I'm CJ from Corpus Christi

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjlandry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    A gentleman named LeVieux invited me here from Glock Talk.

I'm originally from Baton Rouge, and spent half of my adult life working on drilling rigs all over south Louisiana, including the swamps, bayous, bays, and the Gulf.

Now I work on drilling rigs all over the planet. Seems some people heard that I know how to make rig power and control systems work, so they call me wherever they need me.

I own a few pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns. I like to shoot, but I like bringing new shooters to the range even more.

My carry guns are a Springfield Loaded 1911 and a S&W 637.

I'm not a competition shooter, and I haven't hunted since I was a teenager.

Just thought I'd tell y'all a little about me. I probably know some of you from GT. I appreciate the invitation from LeVieux. Looks like a nice forum y'all got here.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Welcome! I recall your name and postings from GT...the Landry (Louisiana) name definitely drew my attention ;)

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bienvenu, CJ.

The Boss here is Spanky, the Real Boss is Mel (Ms Spanky).

You may relate well to some of us, mostly LSU Tiger fans.

Many of us have had personal experiences along the Texas Coastal Bend.

Be sure to look to the bottom of the "forums" list; "firearms clssified" is not the same as handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc.

Otro vez, Bienvenidos a B-S.

leVieux

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Welcome.
    Wish you had been here sooner.;) I was in Corpus last May,(Port Aransas for my sis' wedding) and was looking for a place to shoot. Wound up at The Sharp Shooter. Nice area down there!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Welcome. I now live in Prairieville but grew up in Sinton. We used to Camp, Ski, and fish at Lake Corpus Christi. Is Ship a Hoy on the bay still open?

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Hollier,
    You continue to surprise me.
    I used to be in the Hobie Cat fleet with the Sinton Ford Dealer. I forgot his name, but his boat was named "Smoke Along".
    We spent a few days at Knolle Farms B&B at Sandia, near Orange Grove, a couple years ago, when the dam at Lake CC near Mathis was topped by high water.
    The original Ship Ahoy on Water Street closed around 20 years ago. I believe the one on the bayfront is also closed.
    I was a GP in Corpus for years and my wife is from Robstown.
    Small world.
    leVieux

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Hollier,
    You continue to surprise me.
    I used to be in the Hobie Cat fleet with the Sinton Ford Dealer. I forgot his name, but his boat was named "Smoke Along".
    We spent a few days at Knolle Farms B&B at Sandia, near Orange Grove, a couple years ago, when the dam at Lake CC near Mathis was topped by high water.
    The original Ship Ahoy on Water Street closed around 20 years ago. I believe the one on the bayfront is also closed.
    I was a GP in Corpus for years and my wife is from Robstown.
    Small world.
    leVieux

It is a small world. We camped many a weekend at the Lake Corpus Christi State Park in Mathis. My father knew a man who was a scuba diver/inspector. He said he's seen catfish as big as a man at that dam. We used to set and run trot lines on that lake and usually had luck. I grew up with David Edwards there the owner of Encino Hunting. They own a 6,000 acre ranch just outside of Sinton. And another 5,000 acre ranch they don't open to the public. Do you know them? http://www.huntencino.com/

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rb24
    Top Bottom