WTB - Winchester Model 12 28ga

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I'm looking for a Winchester Model 12 28ga for my grandfather. He used to have one and it was stolen. It was his favorite quail gun and we plan to do some hunts this year and I would like to surprise him with one.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    In reference to fallingbird's comment:

What a BEAUTIFUL gun but I can't afford that much. Besides, I'm not really crazy about the choke on the barrel. Very nice shotgun though.

Last edited:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    If you take me quail hunting, I'll let your grandfather USE mine for the day. :)

Unfortunately we don't have quail around here anymore like we used to when I was a kid. The red ants drove them out, but the other day a buddy of mine saw a small covey of quail on the side of Hwy 167 going towards Grant Parish. I appreciate the offer, and I might have to keep you in mind when we go.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    In reference to fallingbird's comment:

What a BEAUTIFUL gun but I can't afford that much......

Then you're not going to get one. The cheapest one I've found was only $1k less than that.

Like was said before, your dad's got good tastes....

As an alternative, there's some nice O/U shottys out there in 28ga that are way more affordable....

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Then you're not going to get one. The cheapest one I've found was only $1k less than that.

Like was said before, your dad's got good tastes....

As an alternative, there's some nice O/U shottys out there in 28ga that are way more affordable....

Yea!! I've been looking for a while now, and I might have to change interest. I might be able to find a nice Winchester 12 20ga or something.

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    Yea!! I've been looking for a while now, and I might have to change interest. I might be able to find a nice Winchester 12 20ga or something.

Check this out. I have one of these 28 gauges in AA grade with a 28" barrel. It's much lighter than a Model 12, has a far superior trigger, and swings like a wand.

http://www.ithacagun.com/28gauge.html

I ordered one and recieved it about 3 months later (that was about 2 yrs ago).

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I know where you can get one grade 3A walnut mint shape no poly choker at the end and solid rip...for under 5k
    owzrwoduzhp7zau916rs.jpg

5lccp8176azomwfpjwm.jpg

Last edited:

rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    hello;

don't think your are going to find a 28ga. model 12.

winchester made the model 12 in 12ga, 16ga, and 20ga. if you find a model 12 you wish to purchase, make sure it has 2 3/4" chambers. some were made with 2 1/2" chambers.

browning put out a model 12 style years ago, don't know if they are still making the shotgun or what gauges they made the shotgun. browning makes an upland special in 20ga. very nice shotgun. it's a take off of the ithica model 37 only with the safety to rear of the reaciver.

now, if you want to get g'dad a 28ga wichester you are going to have to get the model 42. model 42 winchesters were made in 410ga and 28ga. a moderate condition model 42 are @$1k up. for a 28ga, get ready to spend some $.

have no connection or nor do i know anyone at this store, you might try mayer (spelling?) in baton rouge. expect to pay blue book + 10%.

suggest gunbrokers or auction arms web sites to get an idea on what out there. just a thought you might take a look at cabela's gun room. true, most of the guns in there are used but i've seen shotguns with an asking price of $10K+ (not a typo).

good luck on your search.

rp

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria

thomjb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Southern IN
    Out of over 2 million model 12's made only about 2600 were in 28 guage.
    So kinda rare, good luck for finding one for your grandad, that is a very cool thing you are doing.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Yeah, I've never seen or heard of anything but a .410 in the Mod. 42 and I know for a fact my Dad's 28 gauge is a Mod. 12.

I'm far from an expert though.

Last edited:

rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    feel bad about giving you bad info. so......................

gunbroker.com -> shotgun -> pump -> type in 28ga and you will find 13 items.

$250 -> $5500. don't forget about, shipping and ffl x'fer fee @$50 ish.

rp

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom