Padded War Belt ??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have been really doing some searching on a new belt to uprade the old non funcional military surplus belt that I have in the gear bag. I have seen most people recommend the Eagle Industries or the Sure-Grip but my main concern with this ones is the fact that the padding comes a little to forward and almost wraps all the way around which would make the mounting of a Blade-Tech DOH almost impossible in a 3 o clock position.

I stumbled across the USGG Infidel Padded War belt and this one seems to really had some thinking behind it with the reinforced area to attach a holster, but the down side from it would be the 5 week waiting period on them.

Does anybody have experience with another brand that will either be setup to accomodate a Blade Tech with the tecklock OR be open on the padding to allow to attach the holster directly on to the belt???????????

http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/hsgisure-grippaddedbelt.aspx

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=16259&cat=76&page=1

Thanks in advance for the help.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I have one that I mounted a Blade-Tech DOH to. I has velco openings on the bottom at the 3 and 9 to allow the mount. I don't remember what brand it is but it's one that is a two part. The padding goes around a belt. I will have to check when I get home this pm.
    I can post pics also if you want.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Awesome any info is def apreciatted, I dont mind paying for it but I would hate to be the guinea pig for something that doesnt work too well.

Since I'm making the upgrade I know I want a padded one, help a little bit with the weight and stress on the lower back.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    www.marztg.com

This is the stuff the guys at vata use. A guy I work with at PRPD runs their plate carrier and it's rock solid. It's pricey stuff but the quality is second to none.

Have nopt tried their war belt, but Mike gave me a chest rig and some pouches to try out while I was in ASTANH. I never truly wore the chest rig except for the Larry Vickers class, but i used almost all of the pouches on my eagle carrier. They are very nice.

they are softer than most and I personally like that. They also use a tabbed molle attachment system that is fast and easy.

i highly reccomend their gear. I know Greg and Destin still deploy and are in much more "hiper" roles than me, and they wear nothing else.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    @Brannon as always experience is the answers I look for, eventhough I wont be running this gear in any areas other than classes I would still like to make the investment of quality over an ebay special, Thanks man.

@LouisianaRebel, I do that all the time specially from my phone, then I go back and check on the pc and realize how much I need to start paying attention.

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    How hot do those things get? I use an uncle mike's duty belt for 3gun/uspsa but it hurts after a long day. Those padded belts look comfy but wouldn't it trap heat?

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Ask and ye shall receive. I've been using mine for 4-5 months now. USGG infidel with USGG pouches and bladetech holster. It's by faaar the best way I've found to accomplish what I need. Reloads are quick, comfortable running and shooting from a variety of positions. The inner Velcro belt makes a huge difference in stability. Make sure you get the metal buckle. Plastic buckle sucks.

This is setup differently now that I've used it for a while. Now I have 2 USGG pistol pouches, two fastmags, different IFAK (smaller), USGG multitool / light pouch with leatherman MUT and small bottle of EWL, knife, holster, light. Also plays well with my mayflower armor carrier.

aa18dc58.jpg

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Built in less than a week. I waited a total of about 12 days
    From order to in hand, and that was with a lot of changes to the order.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    V-Tac Brokos Belt. It has slots so you can weave the riggers belt in and out and mount holsters in the normal fashion. The website says out of stock but if you call they usually have them on hand. http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_belts.html

I picked one of these up about a month ago. I have not had a chance to test out, but I really like it so far. I ordered a medium and a large. I needed the large and have not returned the medium yet. If you decide on this belt, I will send it free shipping to you.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I picked one of these up about a month ago. I have not had a chance to test out, but I really like it so far. I ordered a medium and a large. I needed the large and have not returned the medium yet. If you decide on this belt, I will send it free shipping to you.

Damm B I wish i wouldn have known about this yesterday I placed an order on the USGG one once I seen the pictures of it that were posted here, I acually went ahead and ordered the pouches from him as well and got a lil discount to pass around business his way :p, I will look around if somebody needs one in my area though that is IF you do not send it back.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I also looked at the Brokos when I bought mine. Both a great belts, I preferred the features of the USGG version, but everything I had worked with it, had they not, I would have gone Brokos.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I do really like the USGG Chest Rigs. If I didn't have the MayFlower Assault Carrier with PALS I would get one to attach to my LowPro Carrier.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Vanilla, have you tried the mayflower chest rig with your LowPro carrier. I am using that combo now with BFG Tenspeed pouches. Its a great setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom