Bayou Bullets in Glock ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    New to the Forum, and I couldn't find specific info in Search, so here goes:

Will the green 200 gr SWC Bayou Bullet loaded with 5.0 gr ww231 be safe in a Glock 21 and 30 ? I only have the factory barrels in both, but have heard that the green bullets will be safe in a Glock. I use the 5.0 of ww231 with the "cast" 200 grain bullets in my Kimber and Sig 220, but won't use them in my Glock. I was hoping to use Donnie's bullets in the Glock if they are safe.

Thanks for your help

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I use them in 3 of mine. If you you use lead load data it should be fine. I Was worried about fouling, but it almost seems as though the barrels run cleaner with them.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I haven't had issues running them in anything I have tried them it. I won't speak to your particular load though. I never used that particular load. As long as it is within the range in your book you should be fine.

atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    I know this thread is old, but I just bought some 200grn swc from Donnie to use in my glock 21 second gen. What OAL are yall using with these bullets for glocks?

Last edited:

allie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    I know this thread is old, but I just bought some 200grn swc from Donnie to use in my glock 21 second gen. What OAL are yall using with these bullets for glocks?

1.240 with 230's just leave a little of the ridge showing. should work just fine!

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    how i seat my 200 Swc made with an RCBS #68 clone {old one from the late 60's early 70's} old tire weights with cheap good red carnuba lube

any further out and they would not work in my barrel
    best to check the barrel itself with any new bullets

Top Bottom