AAC M4-2000 5.56mm Suppressor UPDATED NEW PICS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I just went and visited my new suppressor at Belsco in Lafayette and also dropped off my Form 4 packet for them to mail off for me. Hope to be shooting this baby in 8 weeks! My first impression was it's built like a tank and HEAVY (17 ounces). This thing is a work of art compared to my Gemtech.

So far, Belsco has been awesome to work with. Eric showed me around the store, told me to go ahead and take the flash suppressor and manual home, and even suggested I take it outside to get a better picture in the light (it was raining, we did the best we could). I wish I could have it in time for the carbine class, but that's not going to happen. You suckers will just have to wear double ear protection if standing next to me.

2744337121_beb0607b01.jpg

2744336853_5186e9e1e3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    i know this may sound like a stupid question, but is the tax stamp a one time fee? or is it something you have to keep up with annually? please excuse my ignorance on the subject. also, once you have a suppressor, can you deal directly with the factory to have it repaired/replaced once it starts to wear out without having to pay more fees and fill out more paperwork?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why did you have them mail the form 4 ?

What kind of baffels ? Nice looking can

The state paperwork hasn't come in yet but should be in Monday. They promised me they would mail it out the Form 4 the same day they get the state paper in so I said OK. I can track it when the check cashes, so it's not a big deal.

Uhh... I dunno about the baffles. This is the sales pitch from the website:

Caliber: 5.56mm
    Weight: 16.25 oz
    Length: 6.625 in
    Length added to weapon: 4.00 in
    Diameter: 1.50 in
    Finish: SCARmor™
    Sound Reduction: 36dB
    Mount: Ratchet Fast-Attach
    Materials: Inconel 718 & 316 SS
    MSRP: $895

The worlds most effective 5.56mm silencer just got better. AAC's new M4-2000 Mod 08 features the patent pending fast-attach Ratchet-Mount to provide precision accuracy with minimal and repeatable zero-shift. Users have the ability to install or remove the silencer from the Phantom flash eliminator in seconds in the harshest military environment. The compact size and light weight have minimal affect on maneuverability. The M4-2000 Mod 08s extreme durability is maximized by CNC automated fusion welding of every high-temperature aerospace alloy component used in its construction- making 100% suppressed full-auto fire possible on barrels as short as 10 inches. The back-pressure lowering design of the silencer aids in shooter comfort, reduces weapon fouling, and minimizes cyclic rate increase. As a final step, tapered-bore EDM technology is utilized to ensure precise bore alignment resulting in enhanced accuracy and maximum performance. By eliminating approximately 97% of the muzzle report, the M4-2000 Mod 08 preserves the hearing of the shooter and nearby support personnel, facilitates communication, and masks the location of the weapon. Eliminating muzzle flash in combat saves lives.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yep the can is FA rated!

The tax is a one time 200 dollar fee. Good for life. Yes it can be repaired or upgraded as long as the outer tube does not need to be replaced. If you need to replace the outer tube its considered a new weapon.

If you want to buy one I would be happy to get you started.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I reallly want to do a form 1 (home made) silencer. That'll have to wait awhile though. Too many other priorities. I've got a pretty good idea what I want though and how I'll do it. Outer tube will be from a pair of mag lite 3d flashlights. Inner design I'm still working on, but primarily from aluminum tubing and fender washers. It may be bulky but I'm trying to keep it light. I'll probably make it integral and attach to the picatinny on my gas block. The barrel will have to be ported. I've been on silencertalk.com for quite a while and talking to some of the design guys. Its definately doable. How much effect I'll get is the unknown.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I want to buy one. Im currently 20 years old, are their ways around buying a supressor or silencer legaly?

If so, I have my ducks in a row financial wise.

Any help would be GREAT.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Yep the can is FA rated!

The tax is a one time 200 dollar fee. Good for life. Yes it can be repaired or upgraded as long as the outer tube does not need to be replaced. If you need to replace the outer tube its considered a new weapon.

If you want to buy one I would be happy to get you started.

thanks for the offer! i may have to take you up on that one day. $800 for a suppressor is just a drop in the bucket right...

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I want to buy one. Im currently 20 years old, are their ways around buying a supressor or silencer legaly?

If so, I have my ducks in a row financial wise.

Any help would be GREAT.

At 20 you will need to buy one from an individual in a face to face transaction. You CAN do that legally just like you were buying a dealer. The tricky part is finding an individual in Louisiana who has what you want for sale.

If I were you, I'd spend the next few months researching what you want so you can be ready to make an order the day you turn 21. Since many of the high end silencers/suppressors/mufflers/cans/snuffers (doesn't really matter what you call it) have 3 - 6 month backorders you might be able to order one now and it won't even get to your dealer until you turn 21 anyway.

I'd start with the weapon. What exactly were you thinking about suppressing?

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I have a few AR's but I'd most likely be using it on this one if I don't sell to finish building somthing better. But 5.56 would be what im looking for.

P-415 SEMI-AUTO 16" UPPER, with FLUTED BARREL
    Socom Black diamond lower
    Vltor CASV-EL front grip
    CTR - Compact/Type Restricted rear stock
    YHM-9584 Gas Block Mounted Front Flip Sight
    YHM-9680 Flip Rear Sight
    CAA UPG16 Pistol grip
    Tactical Scope lighted
    EoTech
    BlackHawk Storm Sling

Im also in the market for what you just bought. Been eyeing that one down for a while and reading reviews. The quick detach sells me along with its size.

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That's almost the same setup I'm putting it on, except I went with the 9.25" POF upper. If you're going to get into Class 3 stuff why not go with a short upper? You'll be glad you did when you add the suppressor.

And yes, I'm sold on the M4-2000 for 5.56mm. You're welcome to try it out once I get the approved Form 4 back.

When do you turn 21? Belsco can order one for you now if you have the cash. Just tell them you'll be 21 by the time it gets in and would like to go ahead and place the order and pay for it now. I don't see why that should be a problem. Your name never comes up in the paperwork until it gets here and it's time to fill out the state transfer form. If by some miracle it gets in a little early they can hold it in their safe for however long it takes. It would be a great birthday present to yourself!

The biggest wait is waiting for these things to get to Louisiana from where ever they come from. This one was ordered in February and didn't arrive in Louisiana until July. That's six months of sitting around doing nothing. At least when it gets here and you have the serial number you can put most of the remaining steps in motion simultaneously.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I reallly want to do a form 1 (home made) silencer. That'll have to wait awhile though. Too many other priorities. I've got a pretty good idea what I want though and how I'll do it. Outer tube will be from a pair of mag lite 3d flashlights. Inner design I'm still working on, but primarily from aluminum tubing and fender washers. It may be bulky but I'm trying to keep it light. I'll probably make it integral and attach to the picatinny on my gas block. The barrel will have to be ported. I've been on silencertalk.com for quite a while and talking to some of the design guys. Its definately doable. How much effect I'll get is the unknown.

Camper, what caliber were you wanting to build? It wouldn't cost you anything to get started on the paperwork. You'll need to register as a firearms manufacturer with the state which is very easy and free. Then of course get the Form 1 signed by your CLEO. And finally register the thing with the state. Then after all that you get to send in your $200. No excuse not to get started now!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

My first can was done like that. Unless you do it on a bolt gun its a waste of time. If you port the barrel you do not need baffles.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I get a lot of stuff from Belsco and they are very easy to work with.
    I'd just like to remind everyone that Red Jacket here in Baton Rouge also does suppressors and such.
    So does Landry's Firearms in Morganza.

And I know Jesse is lurking out there.
    I can't remember his partner's name, but he does F/A and such out of Lafayette.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom