SOLD: Norinco MAK-90 AK, Milled Receiver, New in Box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is a pre-AWB AK made by Norinco in China. As you can see it’s unfired, new in the box. In addition to the rarity of being new in the box it also has the more rare and valuable milled receiver. Most of the MAK-90 receivers were stamped but there were some imported in 1993 that had forged and milled receivers. These are the most sought after and have the best trigger pull as well. I have another milled MAK-90 and after putting a Tapco FCG in I went back to the stock FCG because it was better. Everything on the gun is stock and it’s in mint condition as you can see. The marks on the front of the grip are not scrapes. They’re in the wood itself and are under the varnish. I also have a like new Ironwood Designs furniture set on my other MAK-90 milled rifle (shown in the pictures). It’s made of American Black Walnut and I sanded and finished it with Watco oil per Ironwood’s recommendations. These stock sets cost $150 from Ironwood and they come unfinished. If the buyer of this rifle wants this already finished furniture set I will sell it with the rifle for an additional $150. This includes a fitted metal buttplate which does not come with the set from Ironwood.

This rifle comes with everything in the picture. This includes the factory 30rd magazine, factory 5rd magazine (it’s under the plastic), cleaning rod, cleaning kit, oil bottle, canvas sling, gas port tool, owner’s manual and of course the original box. I rarely say this but on this gun it’s true. You’re unlikely to see one of these new in the box again. Click on the thumbnail pictures to see the full resolution image for greater detail.

Optional finished Ironwood Designs furniture:

My selling price is $750 OBO, cash, FTF in the Baton Rouge area. Not really looking for trades but if you have something to trade feel free to offer. I’ll try and answer any questions to the best of my ability. You can contact me by PM or my username @ bayoushooter.com.

922r information: Since the rifle is pre-ban (Clinton ban, not the 89 Bush ban), and in a “sporter” configuration, it can remain as is without needing compliance parts and can use any foreign mag or drum. If you want to take it out of “sporter” configuration then you would need to remove three foreign “named” parts. Because the trigger is so nice on these I would recommend replacing the furniture with a US set (made by Ironwood) AND also replacing the gas piston (I like the stainless ones at ak-builder.com). Ironwood Designs is the only company making wood furniture for the MAK-90 milled due to it’s angled receiver.

Last edited:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    That is a good price. Norinco made some of the best AKs.

I dunno about "forged and milled". I don't think the receivers had any forging done, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, another gray area argument, but to be an "assault weapon" it has to have detachable mag and "at least two of":
    Folding or telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Bayonet mount
    Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    Grenade launcher device on barrel

I won't go into the 922r gray areas. But suffice it to say that a potential buyer can legally change that weapon in many ways. If I had the $ I would buy it. It would be a nice companion to my stamped MAK-90. GLWS

Bobcat32

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Lake Charles
    WOw..A milled mak90 with original furniture and NIB for under $1200.That was a steal sir.You need to be horsewhipped at least 2 times.No,that was a great buy grendal.I've been offered a 1,000 for a few of my milled one's and I said no thanks.In fact I haven't seen one on gaybroker go fo under $1400 that was milled.You have won the lucky dawg of the day award.grendal.You get a free lap around the track,take your bows. LOL :)

I just wanted to add to bs875.I wish everyone would take their pictures as you did.If you dont show me the underbelly of any AK or the side with the information of where it was shipped to ,you may as well be taking the picture from a mile away.Kudos to you, Bs875.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom